Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Greetings
BrianN

posted on 7/30/2003 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Greetings

Just downloaded the calendar and it really looks cool, but I am having installing issues.

I went to the documentation page and under installing it lists the following:

After receiving PHP Event Calendar distribution package: Upload the script to your server.
Specify corresponding paths to the files according to the table below:
File Variable Definition Example
cl_files/calendar.php $_path_to_calendar path to working files $_path_to_calendar='./cl_files/';
cl_files/calendar.php $_path_to_calendar_img path to images $_path_to_calendar_img= './cl_files/img/';
cl_files/calendar.php $_path_to_data path to data $_path_to_data= './cl_files/data/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar path to working files $path_to_calendar='./cl_files/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar_img path to images $path_to_calendar_img= './cl_files/img/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_data path to data $path_to_data= './cl_files/data/';

Modify recursively directory access permissions so that the user under which PHP works could write to the directory cl_files/data/
Modify access permissions of the files so that the user under which PHP works could write and read files.

Couple of questions though.
1. I uploaded the script to my server, no issue here.
2. I did not change the paths in that chart, as they were already set as listed.
3. A little unsure about this step. I have permission to modify any file/folder on the server, so anytime I am logged in (at some point I guess I will get to the admin screen), I will have propper permissions when needed.
4. I believe this answer is the same as step 3.

My two problems though are:
a. When going to the testing page for the calendar (http://koa.mystictowers.com/index1.php), it tells me two errors (Can't open ./cl_files/data/configDemo_horizontal.php file.), which I *think* is because I havnt actually made a calendar yet.

So I tried then to go into the admin screen and create a calendar. (http://koa.mystictowers.com/cl_files/index.php), I get...quite a few errors.

I can usually figure things out quickly, but if this thing isnt being like the devil to me...Any chance I can get a little help here? I bet its something small, but for the life of me I dont know what that would be.

Thanks,
Brian

"Nie Valor Nor Courage Alone Foretell Greatness. It Is The Inner Prowess Of A Man, Determined By The Strength Of His Destiny." B.A. Sortarius - The Book of Man
nik

posted on 7/31/2003 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote

The following paths:

cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar path to working files $path_to_calendar='./cl_files/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar_img path to images $path_to_calendar_img= './cl_files/img/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_data path to data $path_to_data= './cl_files/data/';

should be replaced by:

cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar path to working files $path_to_calendar='./';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_calendar_img path to images $path_to_calendar_img= './img/';
cl_files/data/global.php $path_to_data path to data $path_to_data= './data/';
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free/Trial Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documentation page
Change Log
Support Forum Support Forum
Order Now ORDER NOW!
Add to Cart