Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Using Tigra Hints with PHP_Event_Calendar!
eventide

posted on 4/30/2009 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Using Tigra Hints with PHP_Event_Calendar!

After putting out a calendar for users of my website to see, I've had comments that it's inconvenient that, to find out what is on a particluar date, they have to click on the text in the day, only to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and hunt through the events listed for the date they clicked on. Frankly, I agree with them, it's not a very convenient setup. You can see it here: http://www.fbcglenwoodmn.com/calendar.php

I ran across the Tigra Hints product and though it'd be extremely convenient to just have to mouse over a day to see the items pop up next to the mouse - or at the most, click on the date and events pop up for that day next to the mouse...

I downloaded the Hints code and basically understand how it works - it's pretty straightforward, but after spending an hour sifting through the Calendar code I can't for the life of me figure out where I need to make changes to get the Hints to work. I was searching through the calendar.php file.

I'm assuming I need to find wherever it is that text is added to a date and insert the Hints code there - I found the "put_day" function, which seemed promising, but nothing popped out at me as the obvious place to start...

I'm pretty well versed in HTML, have SOME PHP experience, but am VERY new to JS. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to accomplish this - or maybe you have an alternate/better solution for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for anyone's help!
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free/Trial Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documentation page
Change Log
Support Forum Support Forum
Order Now ORDER NOW!
Add to Cart