Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Stop Slideshow when manually skipping slides
lxxl

posted on 9/25/2007 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Stop Slideshow when manually skipping slides

Hello,

although the topic doesn't seem to be frequented a lot, i'm going to have a try. First off: Thank you very much for this free script, because it comes very very close to what I've been looking for for quite a long time.
For I'm not versed in javascript (well. generally my scripting experience has almost gone with the years :( ), I'd like to know, whether it would be possible/easy to prevent the Slidshow from going on automatically when using manual previous/next-buttons.
While I've been able to achieve the latter by using the following code from within the HTML page
Code:
"javascript:mySlideShow.f_goto(mySlideShow.n_currentSlide - '1', true)"
and
Code:
"javascript:mySlideShow.f_goto(mySlideShow.n_nextSlide,true)"

I just have no idea, where to place a stop command in the tfader.js. Principally, it should be working like pushing the previous/next-Button and then the Stop-Button. But adding mySlideShow.f_stop() to the command line (of the HTML page) doesn't seem to work.

Well, maybe there's someone around, who could give me a hint.

Best,

Alex
lxxl

posted on 9/26/2007 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote

Still not found a solution. Seems to be a bit more complicated, because the fading animations need to run. A simple this.f_stop(); somewhere in the .js just stops the proceeding without getting to the next or previous slide. I guess, I won't get far with my limited knowledge.
lxxl

posted on 9/26/2007 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote

Alright, found a workaround: Putting this.a_tpl['slidetime'] = 1000; in the tslide_goto function will at least increase the duration of each slide to an amount comparable to a stop.
Of course, if you want to go on with the regular slidetime, you'll have to reset the the property slidetime to the original value. I did it with a modified duplicate of the f_run function:
Code:
this.f_restart = function () { this.a_tpl['slidetime'] = 2; this.b_running = 1; this.f_goto(); };

Certainly, there are smarter ways to realise a real stop, however it also does the job this way.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 9/28/2007 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote

yep, f_stop() kills it right there. If you need to finish the transition first then you can add another parameter to f_goto() that will indicate that you want to stop after the transition is done. Just don't initiate another slide show pause and exit the function.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Page Live Demos
Product Page Simple Slide Show
Product Page Multiple Slide Shows
Product Page Methods and Properties
Free Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Support Forum Support Forum

Go To Top