Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Tigra Menu & Tigra Hints, Firefox Woes
tomcatuk

posted on 7/24/2006 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Tigra Menu & Tigra Hints, Firefox Woes

Hi,

apologies, I have tried searching the boards for the answers to no avail. I should probably come right out and admit I am a total newbie when it comes to HTML, let alone CSS & Javascript. I've put together my site using the fabulous Tigra Menu & Tigra Hints and I have to say thankyou Softcomplex - looks great (at least it does to me) in Internet Explorer. You are free to tell me otherwise if you're smart enough how to fix it in Firefox ;)

Unfortunately, it's not rendering correctly in Firefox. I'm not overly concerned, but really feel I ought to be able to get it right. The Tigra Menu is offset from the cell I want it lined up to (I know I have to use absolute positioning) and the Tigra hints look ugly with too much text as Firefox doesn't seem to want to wrap the text onto multiple lines like IE does. Presumably it is something to do with the HTML? Logically (in the absence of experience I only have logic to work with!) it shouldn't be the style sheet as the Tigra Hints don't need one, only the Tigra Menu does.

Many thanks

Andy
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/25/2006 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote

the menu is off-sync with the rest of the page is because the content is shifted in the firefox. Make sure to setup the document margins explicitly because different browser have different default document margins. Check out our samples and note how we use 6 attributes to the body tag to set the margins so every browser understands. Also make sure the rest of the positioning/margin/padding settings works the same in all browsers. If you open both browsers slightly overlapping and align top edge of the documents you'll see that the menu is at the same offset from the top edge.

re.hints: just try to set the table width inside the hint explicitly, in worst case use <br> to break the line.
tomcatuk

posted on 7/27/2006 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you very much!

Perfect - set the margins and everything is perfect in both browsers for menu positioning.

Had to us the <br> tag in the hints to get them looking as nice in Firefox as they do in IE, but well worth the effort I think.

Thanks for great support!

One last question if I may - in IE the menu is pixel perfect. but in Firefox there is a very slight shadow effect beneath each root level item. This really is a very tiny detail, and more than likely not noticeable to the casual visitor but I'd be interested if there is a reason (and fix).
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Tigra Menu
Product Demonstrations Live Demos:
Traditional Blue
White Steps
Inner HTML
All Together
Frames Targeting
Free Download Free Download
Free Download Menu Builders
Online Builder