Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Empty calendar
aprok

posted on 11/20/2005 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
Empty calendar

I noticed that whenever you change the name of index, the calendar pops up empty. Also if you then save the same file under the name 'index', it will also popup empty. That means you cannot call the script from your own file thus making it useless. Has anyone successfully implemented the calendar with regular HTML/Javascript?
guffinn

posted on 2/24/2006 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote

I am having the same problem, Calendar shows up empty(except for header row) if I use another name than index.html.
Is this really true ??? Will Calendar not work on a sub-web-page that has a different name from index.html ?
What would be the reason for this otherwise neat applet ?
tigra
Administrator

posted on 2/24/2006 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote

The name of the parent file isn't important, the location is. The script searches for the calendar.html in current directory so if you moved the HTML file that calls the calendar in other directory you'll have to update the path to the calendar.html in window.open(...) statement inside the calendar.js file.

if you search this forum for "window.open" you'll find more postings about similar situation.
xaanix

posted on 4/15/2006 at 01:42 AM Reply With Quote

I also get the 'empty calendar' issue, where the calendar is empty except for the title bar (which shows non-functioning month scroll arrows, etc)

I am using the page with vb.net and the empty calendar issue appears once the page has posted back once (but works fine before then)

I cant determine what about the postback event is causing the calendar to get into this wierd state, I have 2 instances of the calendars on my page and *both* will fail to work properly after a postback event.

Any help is appreciated. I have the calendar.html file in the same location as the js files and the calling html page, and havent change anything from the examples provided on your demo page. (i even renamed my form name to match yours in an attempt to troubleshoot). The js files themselves have not been modified
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Support Forum Support Forum

Go To Top