Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Tigra menu Gold
bhaskar

posted on 9/1/2005 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Tigra menu Gold

Hi,
I would like to go for Tigra Menu Gold but i need one clarification from you. I know that Tigra Menu Gold supports Cross frame. My doubt is will it support nested frame.

My Application has an header page and content page. The content page changes dynamically. The content page may or may not have a frameset inside it. Will your system support this?

pls reply immediately

thanks,
Bhaskar
silensho

posted on 9/1/2005 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote

If you want the links of the menu to appear in another frame, you'll have to modify the function mitem_init in the menu.js file.

The way to do it is to add the target in the string that is being built there, so that everytime any item on the menu is clicked, the link will be loaded in the specified target.

I'm having trouble myself while trying to open the menu links in different frames. I've bee trying to use the contents on menu_items.js to add a third item on each "line", so when the mitem_init is called, the target could be specified as ' "...target=" '+this.fields[2]+' " style = '.

However, just adding a "third item" just won't do. I don't know much about javascript, and it all looks too abstract to me, so I can't tell where the menu is "built", so it can recognize the "third item" of "each row" as the target.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 10/29/2005 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote

re. frames targetging: instead of violating the terms you can use 'tw' item scope configuration key to specify the target for each item individually.

the actual question however was related to the frameset configuration. Here is the one of the limitations listed in the product documentation:

- frameset configuration can't be changed without main (top level) page reload
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Product Page
Functionality demos Functionality demos
Multiple
Cross-framed
Select-boxes
Effects
Design demos Design demos
Icons & arrows
Idea!