Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Why are my menus all expanded...
stevvi

posted on 7/28/2005 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Why are my menus all expanded...

Hi,

My menus are expended when the page initially loads. Any idea how I can stop this. I assume it's my mistake somewhere.
An abrigded version of my tree_items.js file looks like this:

var TREE_ITEMS = [
['Introduction', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/index.html', {'s0':'moutb','s4':'moutb','s64':'moverb','s68':'moverb','i0':'/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/nav/images/square-top.gif','i64':'/xxx/handbooks/good-prac tice/nav/images/square-top.gif'}],
['ARB Education Department', null, null,
['Who we are and what we do', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/who-we-are.html'],
['Prescription Service Standards', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/prescription-service-standards.html'],
['ARB Good Governance Standards', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/ARB-good-governance-standards.html'],
['Freedom of Information Act 2000 and ARB', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/freedom-of-information-act.html'],
['Confidentiality', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/confidentiality.html'],
['Nolan Principles', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/nolan-principles.html'],
['Board Policy - Open and Closed Session', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/board-policy.html'],
['Statutory Requirements', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/statutory-requirements.html'],
['Irregularities', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/education-dept/irregularities.html'],
],
['Applying for Prescription of a New Qualification', null, null,
['Introduction', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/introduction.html'],
['Outline of the Application Process', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/outline-of-the-application-process.html'],
['Prescription Committee Advice', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/prescription-committee-advice.html'],
['Conflicts of Interest', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/conflicts-of-interest.html'],
['Planning Meetings', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/planning-meetings.html'],
['Content of Applications', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/content-of-applications.html'],
['ARBs Internal Processes', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/arbs-internal-processes.html'],
['ARB Consultation', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/ARB-consultation.html'],
['Annual Monitoring', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/annual-monitoring.html'],
['Pass Lists', '/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/pass-lists.html'],
['Institutional Publicity Material, Programme Specifications other Course Handbooks and UCAS Listings','/xxx/handbooks/good-practice/applying-for-prescription/institutional-publicity-material.html'],
]

];

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/28/2005 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote

Root level items are expanded by default when tree loads. You only have two levels of the menu so it is all expanded thanks to that feature. Note that root items don't have [+/-] icon so visitor will have to double-click the icon or the text of the item to open it. With the links assigned to the item the browser will redirect after first click. This is why we display root items opened by default. Add one root item (for example 'home') with no link and move the rest of the structure under it. This will display root item and your current root items collapsed under it.
stevvi

posted on 7/28/2005 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote

Many thanx for the reply. Is there any way I can make the root level not look like a root level... to make it line up vertically with the nodes below it? I really don't want the nodes indented.

Again, thanx.
stevvi

posted on 7/29/2005 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote

Please ignore my last post above. All is sorted.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Multiple Trees
Frames Targeting
Icons and Styles Overloading
Event Handling
Performance Test
Version 1.2 features
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page