Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Modal Calendar Display Problem
tanderson

smile.gif posted on 11/17/2002 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
Modal Calendar Display Problem

I am using the modal version of the PRO Calendar, and I have noticed some querky behavior. If the calendar is displayed in an area where it would cover a "select" input field, the "select" field covers a portion the calendar.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? (Other then redesigning my form so the "select" field no longer overlapp the calendar)
maclir

posted on 11/18/2002 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Input Fields overlaying Calendar

What you are seeing is a limitation (or design purpose?) of how HTML is shown in a browser. You will find that any input field - text, a select box, and so on - will automatically appear at the topmost display level, even over stuff generated by JavaScript. You can see the same effect on JavaScript generated menus, for example.

Even playing around with css display properties like "z-index" will not fix this problem.
tanderson

biggrin.gif posted on 11/18/2002 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Fixed it, sort of

I fixed the problem because I only have to support IE 5.5+ In 5.5 MS introduced a "popup" which acts like a normal MS Windows popup window that you can put HTML into. I modified the code, and loaded the calendar into the popup rather then displaying it inline using DHTML. Because the window is actually a Windows popup, it covers everything else, and fixes my problem. This solution is not cross browser, and windows created this way to not act like normal windows, so there were several teaks to get it to work.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Support Forum Support Forum

Go To Top