Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: What is the purpose of these forums?
culleyharrelson

posted on 12/13/2004 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
What is the purpose of these forums?

I have posted here a number of times. Looking over the other posts it has become apparent that the product developers do not respond to forum inquiries. I run 2 successful web businesses and I am inclined to point out that I think this is bad business-- it makes your products look unsupported.

Unless your product is wildly popular there is no point in having forums if you (the developers) are not going to participate in the discussions.

Your product is well designed-- good support would help sales in the long term.

culley
liane

posted on 3/30/2005 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote

obviously, the forums are not to be used for support questions. I guess it should be used for feature requests, or new ideas on how to use the product.

OTOH, each time I asked a question with the ticket system (in support), I always received a timely answer, so don't worry, the product is well supported
rblackmond

posted on 11/17/2005 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote

The email I got after purchasing their products specifically referred to these forums as "Support Forums". If there is no intention of actually providing support through these forums, some notice should be posted and stickied on every forum (not just one here and there) to let people know they shouldn't waste their time posting here if they want to actually get support, but should instead use the support ticket.

It's much easier for the customer, and I would think for the support people as well, to use these forums for all but the most complex support issues.

I'm just giving my two cents as I just purchased the product bundle and I'm sure I'll have several questions over the next few weeks as I get comfortable with it.

Anyway, these scripts are very nice and after scouring the web for good ones, I finally found the Tigra products and they are really great!

Randy
spw

posted on 1/19/2006 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote

For what it is worth, the name is irrelevant - a forum is typically a great way for **us** to exchange views and examples, and I have seen support supply info from time-to-time where an apparent problem is product-related.

I have had no problems with support from Tigra (Denis in particular) and have also gained a lot ffrom, (and contributed some to) the forum.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Simple
XP-styled
3D designed
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page
Change Log
Support Forum Technical Support
Support Forum