Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Error calling the calendar: no target control specified
nelsoc
Junior Member

Posts: 3
Registered: 11/11/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 11/11/2004 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Error calling the calendar: no target control specified


I get the error message in the subject of this post when I load my page. Here is the relevant table containing the form I'm using. I've taken out some of the rows that don't affect the date select function.

Can you help me figure out how to get rid of this error and get the calendar to work?

Thanks in advance!
Nels

--

<table class="search-interface">
<form name="search" method="get" action="http://alc2.austin.ibm.com/LEGateway/testdb/search_work.asp" target="_blank" >
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
<td>Please select a date range for the class: <br />
<input type="Text" name="startdate" id="startdate" value="">
<a href="javascript:cal1.popup();">
<img src="./images/cal/cal.gif" width="16" height="16" border="0" alt="Click Here to Pick up the date"></a>
<br>
</td>
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- // create calendar object(s) just after form tag closed
// specify form element as the only parameter (document.forms['formname'].elements['inputname']);
// note: you can have as many calendar objects as you need for your application
var cal1 = new calendar2(document.forms['search'].elements['startdate']);
cal1.year_scroll = false;
cal1.time_comp = false;
//-->
</script>
</form>
</table>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
tigra
Administrator

Posts: 2049
Registered: 6/17/2002
Location: US, CO
Member Is Offline
posted on 11/12/2004 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote

I tried your code and calendar worked fine after adding missing HTML to the page.

Attachment: see_yourself.zip (22.35kb)
This file has been downloaded 1599 times
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
nelsoc
Junior Member

Posts: 3
Registered: 11/11/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 11/12/2004 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
I tried your code and calendar worked fine after adding missing HTML to the page.


I'm not sure what HTML you added besides an html and body tag... I have that, of course, in my actual page (see attached). Is it a problem, perhaps, that I have another javascript function on the page?

Attachment: index_work.html (13.63kb)
This file has been downloaded 1430 times
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
nelsoc
Junior Member

Posts: 3
Registered: 11/11/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 11/16/2004 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Got it!


I used an integer for the form instead of the form name and it works now.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
maritzaw
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Registered: 1/27/2006
Location: Tucson
Member Is Offline
posted on 2/1/2006 at 04:44 AM Reply With Quote
Quick Question


Quote:
Originally posted by nelsoc
I used an integer for the form instead of the form name and it works now.


What do you mean you used an integer? I am having the same problem.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
gsweb2662
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: 4/20/2006
Member Is Offline
posted on 4/20/2006 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
found a fix


I was struggling with the same issue and found that it went away when I removed my redirect tag that I had in my html form. I incorporated the redirect page into my cgi script and it works fine now.
g




Quote:
Originally posted by nelsoc
I get the error message in the subject of this post when I load my page. Here is the relevant table containing the form I'm using. I've taken out some of the rows that don't affect the date select function.

Can you help me figure out how to get rid of this error and get the calendar to work?

Thanks in advance!
Nels

--

<table class="search-interface">
<form name="search" method="get" action="http://alc2.austin.ibm.com/LEGateway/testdb/search_work.asp" target="_blank" >
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
<td>Please select a date range for the class: <br />
<input type="Text" name="startdate" id="startdate" value="">
<a href="javascript:cal1.popup();">
<img src="./images/cal/cal.gif" width="16" height="16" border="0" alt="Click Here to Pick up the date"></a>
<br>
</td>
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<tr width="100%">
</tr>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- // create calendar object(s) just after form tag closed
// specify form element as the only parameter (document.forms['formname'].elements['inputname']);
// note: you can have as many calendar objects as you need for your application
var cal1 = new calendar2(document.forms['search'].elements['startdate']);
cal1.year_scroll = false;
cal1.time_comp = false;
//-->
</script>
</form>
</table>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Support Forum Support Forum
 

Go To Top


Powered by XMB 1.9.1 Nexus
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002-2004