Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: How do I get the Upgrade?
petrm

posted on 8/21/2004 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
How do I get the Upgrade?

Gentlemen, this is getting frustrating. I am having trouble with cross frame functionality and apparently there is an upgrade available. Tiagra stated in another post that "make sure you use most current version of the product (2.6, not 2.6b or below)" How do I get it?

I posted a trouble ticket 3 weeks ago and stated that my version was 2.6b, it took over 9 days before I got response and there was no mention of an upgrade available. I tried the suggested and it didna??t work so I posted that on the trouble ticket and this time it took 10 days to get a response, still no mention of an upgrade and once again the suggestion did not resolve the error.

I have also asked in another post on this forum about a week ago and still no response to that post either.

Guys, you promise us startup support and free upgrades when they are available. It is taking a week to ten days just to get any response at all and even after 3 weeks nobody has told me how to get the upgrade. I can understand if your Tech Support staff is so swamped that you cant respond in a day or two but there really is no reason that getting a simple upgrade should be so difficult.

Please help, I bought your scripts, which are generally pretty good, to use on a Commercial Site and these errors are delaying my deployment.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 8/21/2004 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote

I do agree that resolving your configuration issue takes much longer than usually (we basically can't reproduce your ploblem and blind trying different ways), but you shouldn't complain about response time for upgrade requests as you submitted yours two hours ago.
petrm

posted on 8/21/2004 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote

Sir, I have received your link just now and I do appreciate it.

Regarding my complaint I still think it was vaild.

1) How are we to know that there is an upgrade available if you dont tell us? The only reason I even knew it existed is because you told someone else about it in the forums 2 weeks after I logged my ticket.

2) When I logged the trouble ticket 3 weeks ago with an obsolete version it seems like I should have been offered the upgrade then, or at least should have been informed that it existed.

The real issue here is how your upgrades are being deployed. How do we know when one exists? I cannot find anywhere on the site that states what the current version is so I never know if I am using the current version or not. How do I know to ask for an upgrade if I dont know what the current version is? I bought several other scripts are there any upgrades available for any them?

This could be easily solved if you had a mailing list of all of your paid customers and simply sent a mass email whenever a new version existed. Another thing that might be helpful would be to have a page showing the current version, and possibly a beta, of each of your scripts.
petrm

posted on 8/21/2004 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote

I did find a Change Log several weeks ago but it only shows up to v2.5 and even today it still shows 2.5 as the latest.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 8/21/2004 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote

We're working on customer control panel and update notification system so you'll now when new version is available. The reason we didn't announce version 2.6 yet is extended testing. Alhough scripts are well tested internally we still expect surprises in unusual environments so first we provide new version to new customers and then we wait some time for problem reports.
petrm

posted on 8/21/2004 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks for listening.

I understand what you mean about surprises, I think I have found one with 2.6 and Mozilla. I will issue a new trouble ticket on it.

Mike
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Product Page
Functionality demos Functionality demos
Multiple
Cross-framed
Select-boxes
Effects
Design demos Design demos
Icons & arrows
Idea!