Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: menu gold - you have to reload before the menu works
mugel

posted on 7/26/2004 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
menu gold - you have to reload before the menu works

hi,

I have some pages that contain the same menu. If I test it stand-alone, i.e. not in a frame environment, all works fine. But I have to put the pages in a frame environment and only the first menu works. if I call a new page in the same frame vuia the menu,the pageis dysplayed correctly, but the menu does not work. I have to press F5 to reload the page and the menu works fine.

Does anyone know this bevavior, i.e. a solution.

thanks.

mugel
dbieber

posted on 8/13/2004 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
menu gold and frames seems broken

Yes, I've experienced this as well. I've even just tried displaying a menu in a specific frame which doesn't overlap any other frame. When the menu frame is reloaded the menu becomes disabled.

I've seen numerous posts here w/out response to this problem. It must be a bug of some kind. Anyone figure-out a workaround?
tigra
Administrator

posted on 8/13/2004 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote

Guys, make sure you use most current version of the product (2.6, not 2.6b or below). To get updates submit the trouble ticket providing your order ID.

http://www.softcomplex.com/support/
dbieber

posted on 8/13/2004 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
sent 2 questions to support

Hmmm. I seem to get a quicker response from this forum than I have from support. There's gotta be a quicker/easier way to get an upgrade to a product than to file a trouble ticket.

-Doug
petrm

posted on 8/14/2004 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
How do I get the upgrade?

OK Guys,

I started a trouble ticket 2 weeks ago and I did include my order ID. My ticket clearly shows my version is 2.6b so how do I get this upgrade. I am having a lot of problems with crossframe functionality. I did get a response to my ticket (over a week later) but the suggestion did not work and there was no mention of an upgrade available.

I bought the "Tigra Scripts Family" package, is there a way to get notified of upgrades BEFORE we run into bugs? I have wasted many many man-hours trying to figure this one out and your tech support team appears to be extremely busy resulting in response times over a week. Simple links to the upgrade would allow me to potentially solve my own problems.

Thanks, good scripts but slooow support,

Mike Petro

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
Guys, make sure you use most current version of the product (2.6, not 2.6b or below). To get updates submit the trouble ticket providing your order ID.

http://www.softcomplex.com/support/
James Head

posted on 10/15/2004 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote

I am running v2.6 and this problem is occurring for me..

I have the bug isolated inside a single frameset. If I click an href pointed to the same page within the frame, the menu does not work.

If I reload the whole frameset, then the menu works.

(Unfortunatly forcing a full frameset reload is not an acceptable work-around for other reasons within the web-application I am working on).

Has anyone had this problem resolved? Or is it simply a 'known bug'?
yanni79

posted on 10/26/2004 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote

The Menu Gold does not work inside framesets.

Here's the scenario, I have a frameset, and the main frame (main.htm) has the menu inside of it. When I load (main.htm) by itself (without the frameset) then the menu works, however, when the main.htm is inside a frameset, as one of the frames, the menu does not display at all.

I did some tests, and this happens with all of the examples. If I take the index.htm for anyone of the examples, and load it independently, it loads ok, however, when I try to load the index.htm file into a frameset, the menu does not display.

Please help me as soon as possible, as I have to have a demonstration by tomorrow, of the working menu, within a frameset.

P.S. The standard free menu, (non-gold one) worked fine inside the frameset... and one more thing.

I am not allowed to modify the frameset itself, only the main.htm file.

AND, unlike other folks, even reloading the frameset does not help at all.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 10/26/2004 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote

You'll need to configure menu for framed environment even if it doesn't overlap frames. Make sure to pass frames configuration (with single frame) to menu constructor.
yanni79

posted on 10/27/2004 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
can you please elaborate on that?

can you please elaborate on that statement, and let me know where I can find either instructions, or an example. Thank you very much.

"Make sure to pass frames configuration (with single frame) to menu constructor."
yanni79

posted on 10/27/2004 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote

Ok, i figured out how to get the menu to display. but it will only work when I refresh the whole frameset.
I am not allowed to touch the company-wide frameset, to get my departamental site working. Are there any other work-arrounds? Is there a meta tag that will refresh the entire frameset, that I can put inside my content page (not in the frameset itself) that will refresh only once? (and not continuously)?

Thanks much.
yanni79

posted on 10/27/2004 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote

By the way, here's the scenario that I am trying to use this menu for. I am in charge of a small departamental website. My departamental website is thus displayed inside the content frame.

The company frames already has a navigation menu, and so my departamental pages do not get loaded until after someone clicks a link to get to the departament pages. Meaning that the entire frameset does not get oppened, when the page is openned, but only the content frame in which my menu is displayed.

I can duplicate the problem on one of the examples that came with the gold version (namely the frames one) by right clicking on the frame that contains the menu, and clicking refresh. (NOT the entire frameset but only the parent frame that contains the menu.) And it stops functioning as well.
Any suggestions?

The regular tigra menu did not have this bad behavior. The only option I wanted, in purchasing the gold version, was to have the menu path displayed. (highlighting the previous items, after mouse out on them). Please let me know if there is a way I can "downgrade" the gold version partially, so that the entire frameset does not have to be reloaded in order to get this working. I am willing to sacrifice some of the cool features such as - automatic repositioning, and displaying on over frames.
yanni79

posted on 10/28/2004 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote

Ok I figured this out.
The problem I was having is that I was using the example for the non-nested support.
Even though my frames ARE NOT nested, when I switched to using the example provided with the nested example, everything works perfectly, without having to reload the frameset.

OLD CODE:
new menu (MENU_ITEMS0, MENU_POS0, {'frames' : frameset});

NEW CODE:

new menu (MENU_ITEMS0, MENU_POS0, {'frames' : [['content']]});

- content is the name of the the frame where I have the menu displayed.

Thanks.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 10/28/2004 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote

Yes, you configured it right for framed environment, but it's the configuration for normal frames, not nested frames as you mention.

you NEW CODE:

new menu (MENU_ITEMS0, MENU_POS0, {'frames' : [['content']]});

is equivalent to your OLD CODE:
new menu (MENU_ITEMS0, MENU_POS0, {'frames' : frameset});

if you have

var frameset = [
['content']
];

in front of it. In your new configuration you just don't use named variable to pass the same value to the constructor. This has nothing to do with configuration for nested frames.
Moozie

posted on 2/19/2005 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote

But what is the right configuration then for a nested frames environment?

I have the same problem...
Moozie

posted on 2/19/2005 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote

I use a nested frameset with overlapping menu display.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Product Page
Functionality demos Functionality demos
Multiple
Cross-framed
Select-boxes
Effects
Design demos Design demos
Icons & arrows
Idea!
Hi there!