Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Formatting question
karpuz

posted on 2/18/2004 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Formatting question

Hi there,

Quick question. I'm doing a vfs (virtual file system) and using Tigra Tree Menu Pro as the "folders" list on the left hand side of the web page. However, I can't seem to constrain the folder names as they get longer and more embedded.

What I want to do is drop the tree menu into a <td></td> of fixed width (I use the tooltip to show the full name for those that would be truncated).

However, no matter what I do with the tables width settings in the tr, td, or table definitions the <td> cell grows (widens) with lengthening folder names.

How can I constrain a tree menu into a fixed space. Also, I do not want to use frames as that causes me far more headaches then I care to go for.

Any help anyone?

cheers
--Ak
jbowers

posted on 8/17/2004 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Looking for the same info...

I have he same issue as KARPUZ mentioned... I am placing the tree menu in a table cell, and I want the cell to remain a fixed width and the text on menu items to wrap around to a second line if necessary. Right now, even though I have defined a cell width in my table, the cell grows wider as I expand the tree to deeper levels or to levels that have long entry names.

I am sure that there is an easy fix for this (without having to use frames!), but I don't know what it is.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Multiple Trees
Frames Targeting
Icons and Styles Overloading
Event Handling
Performance Test
Version 1.2 features
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page