Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: css problem
shmageki

posted on 4/15/2003 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
css problem

i'm probably missing something obvious... but is there a reason why i can get all style properties in the css file to work besides text-decoration and color?
i didn't include style tags within the actual document... just pasted the code just as it is recommended in the support documents
even before i edited any code the original version would not change those two properties...
thanks
rock

posted on 4/15/2003 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote

There is a chance that text-decoration and color properties are overriden by global document style class definition for <a> tag. If you are not using global class for anchors, you can easily define these properties.
For example:

.mout {
background-color: #ffffff;
text-decoration: none;
width: 100%;
padding: 0px;
}
.mout a{
color:black;
text-decoration: overline;
}
snies

posted on 5/2/2003 at 02:37 AM Reply With Quote
Also having problem with text-decoration and color

Quote:
Originally posted by rock
There is a chance that text-decoration and color properties are overriden by global document style class definition for <a> tag. If you are not using global class for anchors, you can easily define these properties...

I too am having a problem with text-decoration and style properties. When I cut-n-paste the demo1 menu into my application the menu nodes all have underlines, whereas they don't in the original demo. I don't believe that I am setting an anchor style anywhere in the application, but am not sure what you are referring to for "global document style class definition" or "global class for anchors". Could you please elaborate?

PS. I am having the same problem for all anchors in my application. It seems that my specific text-decoration and color properties are being overridden by something, but I am not sure by what.
rock

posted on 5/2/2003 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote

By default anchors have underlines. Please note that in our demo we override this default property (text-decoration: none). You can contact us at http://www.softcomplex.com/support/ if you heed any assistance with your application.
snies

posted on 5/2/2003 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Solved problem

I found the reason for the problem of text-decoration and color being ignored for anchors. I had thought (erroneously) that an anchor would inherit the style of its container. Since my container specified text-decoration: none and color: #000000 that the links contained in that container would be black without underlines.

It turns out that within the browser's settings dialog there are options for specifying whether or not links are underlined (underlined is default) and the link color (blue default). In order to change the link appearance I had to explicitly override the link style (i.e., the container style was NOT being inherited). I was able to change the link appearance by including the following styles in the document:

A, A:link, A:visited, A:active{
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #000000;
}
A:hover{
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #0000ff;
}

Oh well, live and learn :-)

Steve
Hypnotic

posted on 11/6/2005 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by rock
By default anchors have underlines. Please note that in our demo we override this default property (text-decoration: none). You can contact us at http://www.softcomplex.com/support/ if you heed any assistance with your application.

Hi, I need to take this one step further. I already have my default <a> classes in the stylesheet and also have the styles needed for the menu within the same sheet. Within all of the styles needed for Tigra menu I have specified 'text-decoration: none;' for the menu items however these still get overwritten by the <a> classes. The background colour hover also gets overwritten by the <a> class.

Is there a way that I can keep the <a> classes as they are but stop the menu items from being underlined?

Many thanks.
rock

posted on 11/7/2005 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote

Please see solution in the product documentation page.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Multiple Trees
Frames Targeting
Icons and Styles Overloading
Event Handling
Performance Test
Version 1.2 features
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page