Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: I can't install
incapable

posted on 1/8/2009 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
I can't install

I uploaded all the extracted files and kept the original structure of all the files/folders/directories on to my ftp.
I go to my website homepage url and the install.php script is running and I click "install" and nothing happens.
appleful.com/install.php
Am I supposed to type in the url for the install.php and then click install? That doesn't seem right...

When I open install.php through the ftp (instead of typing the url), I get the url: appleful.com/appleful.com/install.php
and the message "Not Found

The requested URL /appleful.com/install.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This happens when I open any of the uploaded files; the url pops up with double the directory name (appleful.com/appleful.com).

I'm definitely missing something. :(
dfelton

posted on 1/8/2009 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote

I've downloaded the PHP calendar this morning to test on for use on my company's websites. And I seem to be having the same problem you are.

Apparently once you install your supposed to go to cl_files/index.php and that's where youre control panel will be.

However that file is looking for cl_files/data/globals.php which....doesn't exist. There's a globals.php at the root of the calendar folder, with almost nothing in it. However after looking on some forums there's suppose to be a $PATHS variable that you need to modify telling the control panel the paths to the data folder, image folder and couple other things.

Anyhow....after doing that as well I've just came up with even more warnings and a fatal error.

I've also read that your suppose to modify calendar.php to tell it where your paths are located as well. This file simply doesn't seem to exist at all. So basically I'm lost as all hell about how I'm suppose to test this thing before buying it.

If you receive any insight, please share
meldryn

posted on 1/17/2009 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote

There is a post a little ways down from yours that has the fix spread across a couple of posts. I followed it as I was having your exact problem, and it was fixed. Apparently the maintainers of this package haven't updated it to work with PHP5 global variables ($_GET, $_SERVER, etc), they still all use the old deprecated $HTTP_POST_VARS, etc.

To remedy (and make it work perfectly at least in my case) :

Change all $HTTP_POST_VARS to $_POST
Change all $HTTP_GET_VARS to $_GET
Change all $HTTP_SERVER_VARS to $_SERVER
Change all $HTTP_SESSION_VARS to $_SESSION

re-upload all your files and you should be in business.
meldryn

posted on 1/17/2009 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote

Ok, After fighting it a little bit more there are two more places (stupidly) that you have to change a couple things to get the control panel to work.

you need to use the absolute file path definitions in these two places :
1) /cl_files/calendar.php @ line 12
2)/cl_files/data/global.php @ line 4

so both places should look something like this :

$PATHS=array(

"path_to_calendar" => "/mnt/local/home/user/www.xxxxxx.net/calendar/cl_files/",

"path_to_calendar_img" => "/mnt/local/home/user/www.xxxxxx.net/calendar/cl_files/img/",

"WEB_path_to_calendar_img" => "http://www.xxxxxx.net/calendar/cl_files/img/",

"path_to_data" => "/mnt/local/home/user/www.xxxxxx.net/calendar/cl_files/data/"

);

alternatively you could just rewrite calendar.php to load the data from global.php which is how it should have been done in the first place by including:

if([email protected] './data/global.php'){

echo "Can't open ./data/global.php";

exit;

}

...just like they did in /cl_files/index.php....
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free/Trial Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documentation page
Change Log
Support Forum Support Forum
Order Now ORDER NOW!
Add to Cart
View Cart