Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Zipping files from a network
notken

posted on 9/4/2008 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Zipping files from a network

Hi there.

I'm trying to move an ASP.Net application to a new server system where some files are on a file server, but the Web site source code is on a Web server.

If the files I want to zip are also on this Web server, the Zip functions are working fine. If I try to zip from the files on the File server, though, they never end up in the zip. There's no error message. They just aren't there.

I do have permission to read files on the file server, and can view the files on the same site. In fact, although I only need read access to this network folder, I've given both the ASPNET user and the anonymous IUSR full control over the folder. I'm using impersonation in web.config, and it seems to be working with every other aspect but server-side zipping.

I don't have any trouble using the Zip object in classic ASP on the same architecture. It's simply an ASP.Net problem. Is there some other permission I might be missing somewhere, or do I have to force the object to be run as a particular user?

Thanks!
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Free Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page
Code Samples
Support Forum Technical Support
Support Forum
Customer Care System
Order Now ORDER NOW!