Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Installation question
jjoyce25

posted on 7/3/2008 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Installation question

I have been browsing this forum and have seen all the install problems/questions. My question is a lot more basic than this...do all of the extracted files need to be uploaded to my webserver?

I am just starting out learning php so bare with me if this sounds ridiculous.

Thank you in advance.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/3/2008 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote

We don't collect the success stories here so yeah, the forum may be a depressing reading for unprepared ;)

A: yes, upload all the files preserving the file structure. There are some sample files that you can delete after all, but don't worry about it at the installation.
jjoyce25

posted on 7/3/2008 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Install success story (sort of)

Install was successful (I think). And after reading the posts on this forum, I learned that the data/global.php and calendar.php paths to cl_files had to be absolute so I made those changes.

Now, I get a login screen (I entered the login and password I made to get into this forum and that failed) PLUS I get the following errors at the top of the page:
Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/eventDemo_horizontal.dat file.
Please, check permissions. For more details see Installation Instructions
Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/event_mapDemo_horizontal.dat file.

Tigra could you help build my confidence further please?
jjoyce25

posted on 7/3/2008 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ummmm

More issues:

In header:
Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/eventMOMS_events.dat file.
Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/event_mapMOMS_events.dat file.

In php calendar content window header:
Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 18

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 19

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 20

Please advise when you get a chance.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/4/2008 at 04:59 AM Reply With Quote

Try setting the permissions. Here's from docs:
2. Modify recursively directory access permissions so that the user under which PHP works could write to the directory cl_files/data/
3. Modify access permissions of the files so that the user under which PHP works could write and read files
[end of quote]

set dirs to 777 and files to 666 (just a coincidence)
Usually you can do that via FTP client, web based file manager or SSH console
jjoyce25

posted on 7/4/2008 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote

Set dirs to777 and files to 666. Thanks. Still getting some warnings and can't open errors as follows:

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 17

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 18

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 19

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/property.php on line 20

Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/eventMOMS_Events.dat file.

Can't open /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/event_mapMOMS_Events.dat file.

It's like the dat files aren't being created when a new calendar is created. I did change the calendar.php paths to absolute. Is there somewhere else that that must be done as well?
jjoyce25

posted on 7/4/2008 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote

Also get

Warning: calendar::include(/home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/config_def.php) [function.calendar-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/calendar.php on line 137

Warning: calendar::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/data/config_def.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/deepbl2/public_html/MOMS/calendar/cl_files/calendar.php on line 137

I do not have config_def.php in my file structure and it was not in the extracted zip file either.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/4/2008 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote

Looks like installation didn't go through very well.
Try reinstalling with the permissions you have now.
If that doesn't work again, submit a support ticket providing the web address and temporary FTP login for the calendar directory. Our technician will take a look.
jjoyce25

posted on 7/4/2008 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
SUCCESS

After much tweaking, a total deletion of all files on server and a re-extraction, as well as the absolute path thing...I have got the php calendar working. Now if only the Installation Instructions were more detailed in the beginning...a girl can dream. Thanks tigra for all your help.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/4/2008 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote

glad to hear you've succeeded.
you're welcome to post your suggestions for those reading the forum after you ;)
jjoyce25

posted on 7/5/2008 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Success thwarted

Events don't seem to be "saving" despite changing permissions on all files to 666 and folders to 777.

Calendar not visible in webpage either and events list shows up as "# init('MOMS_events'); $calendar->show_event(); ?>"

As I have said before, I am really new at php, willing to learn, very appreciative of all the help and (after scouring the forum) sorry for the egotistical drivel that a few others seem to post when something isn't easy.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/7/2008 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote

1. there may still be the permissions problem. Please submit a support ticket (don't post it here) with the URL of your installation and temporary FTP login for the calendar files. We'll double check the files
2. make sure you call that php code from php files, it will not work in HTML pages.
jjoyce25

posted on 7/7/2008 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Events adding but...

Thanks tigra for replying again.

Re-read documentation and events REQUIRE a body as well as description. Duh. LOL at myself.

Could you explain what you said here "2. make sure you call that php code from php files, it will not work in HTML pages."

Sorry this is probably a super dumb question, AGAIN! :)
tigra
Administrator

posted on 7/7/2008 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote

That was in response to
Quote:
Calendar not visible in webpage either and events list shows up as "# init('MOMS_events'); $calendar->show_event(); ?>"

If you see the php source code in your page this means that php doesn't execute it properly. The reason for that may be that you call it from the HTML page. Now that I look at it again I think you didn't open the code block properly. Maybe <# instead of <?
jjoyce25

posted on 7/8/2008 at 03:37 AM Reply With Quote

I played around with what tigra said about not having html pages with php code. Being so new, I didn't realize that. Thanks. It worked.

Other questions:
Are you aware of the issues in display between firefox and ie? Is it CSS related?

Also, are there special tricks for entering a single apostrophe correctly? When I type "it's" it comes out "it/'s" in the web browser. Minor, I know but if anyone has any tips.

I am next going to read through the forum for how to add the date in the events list and display all the events in a week/month.

The nice thing about 3rd party software is that you can sort of learn backwards (it's how I taught myself html also).
kvv
Super Administrator

posted on 7/9/2008 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote

To fix this issue please open cl_files/events.php file look for function str_p($str) there and replace
return $str;
with
return stripslashes($str);
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free/Trial Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documentation page
Change Log
Support Forum Support Forum