Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: The Events List
LETMO

posted on 11/26/2006 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
The Events List

First of all I would like to say thank you for a very worthwhie project; I had it installed & running in less than half an hour. The one problem I have had is with changing the settings on the Events List _blank page. I'm currently getting the following:
http://www.the-blarney-stone.com/calendar/show.php?CLm=11&CLd=27&CLy=2006&c_num=Blarney

As you can see the design is fairly crass - where can I work on that?
Also it looks like I need to do something to enable apostrophes as they are showing up as 'backslash-apostrophe'

Thanks in advance,

Letmo
chronister

posted on 12/15/2006 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote

You simply need to edit the file ./calendar/show.php to match your site, or you can create a new page for displaying the events and use the code from ./calendar/show.php to display the events.

My design has a standard header and footer with my page content showing in between them, so my code looks like this.

<?
include('../header.php');

error_reporting (E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
extract($HTTP_POST_VARS);
extract($HTTP_GET_VARS);
include 'cl_files/calendar.php';
$calendar->init('jens');
echo "<div class=\"tableheader\" align=center><b>Events for $CLm/$CLd/$CLy</b></div><br>";
$calendar->show_event();

include('../footer.php');
?>

This produces the following <see attached screenshot>

header is the top and left sides of the main white content area, and footer is the right and lower part of the page.. I did this by splitting a table cell. The <td> part is in header and </td> is in footer. That way all my pages loads in that table cell.

note: this is an intranet site for my wife. It is database driven and allows her to keep track of recipes, notes, addresses, library returns and also allows her to email recipes to the people in the address book.

My first attempt at a mysql based website.

another note: Just realized that this post is almost a month old.... hope ya still need help.

chronister has attached this image:
screenshot.jpg - 50.44kb
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Free/Trial Script Download Free Download
Product Documentation Documentation
Documentation page
Change Log
Support Forum Support Forum
Order Now ORDER NOW!