Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Unwanted Underline
krisrajz

posted on 9/16/2005 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Unwanted Underline

I'm using tigra menu lite. Some of the menu items have underline and other items does not have. I did not specify underline through style.

What's the fix?

Raj.
SopieMunky

posted on 9/19/2005 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote

I've seen this question asked before. And all they did was tell the person to search for it. I searched for it myself and didn't see anything.

I saw one thread that mentioned it, but the "fix" was extremely hard to follow. I couldn't understand it. I hope this question is answered, seeing how it's been asked so many times with no answer.
SopieMunky

posted on 9/19/2005 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote

Ok. I think I may have figured this out.

First of all (very odd that this happened, too), when I re-searched for this solution today, tons more threads came up (only 2 or 3 came up last time).

I did nothing different and find it very strange that it would all of a sudden turn up with more results from threads made months ago.

But, anyhow, I was searching through the numerous threads that touched on this problem (only a handful having solutions--but solutions that either didn't make sense, or were concerning specifics like pages with frames, Tigra Scroller, people wanting underlines, etc.) and came across a thread concerning Tigra Scroller here: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2554#pid6859

I was looking at the thread maker's original post and noticed he said,
Quote:
Usually, the code

<style>
a{text-decoration:none}
//-->
</style>

can be placed at the top of any .htm page and this does the job for both browsers.

and I realized I had never tried that before (having not previously known it was a possible solution).

I tried it out, and added
Code:
<style>
a{text-decoration:none}
//-->
</style>

in my <head> area in my HTML.

Sure, enough, it worked.

But...I am still experimenting with it. The page I tried it on is just my menu. I was so frustrated with this that I tried editing a page with only the menu to figure this out before I try adding it to a page with other HTML and javascript on it.

I'm going to start working on my layout later today (Monday night) to see if I can't get it to work in my website layout.

But, I figured I would post this temporary solution that I found buried in threads. Hopefully, it will work for you too. :)
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Tigra Menu
Product Demonstrations Live Demos:
Traditional Blue
White Steps
Inner HTML
All Together
Frames Targeting
Free Download Free Download
Free Download Menu Builders
Online Builder