Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Existing Tigra Pro Menus -> Gold
Richard S

posted on 11/26/2002 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Existing Tigra Pro Menus -> Gold

Without going in to my existing website that uses a large Tigra Menu Pro menu and changing it all around only to find that it does not work...

Is it possible to just replace the existing .js files with the upgraded Tigra Menu Gold .js files (that I have just downloaded after receiving notification by email) without breaking the existing menu structures?
Richard S

posted on 11/26/2002 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote

OK, so the short answer to this is NO.

I just swapped the .js files and the menus no longer load.

I thought you were making an updated Tigra Menu Pro that was optimized for speed and many menu items?

Is TM Gold not it?
GiftsForYouBIZ

posted on 11/28/2002 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote

I took a few hours and tried out the new Gold, and although it appears to have a few new bells and whistles (especially for IE users), I couldn't see any speed improvement. However, the direct HTML placement was nice (i.e., no need for the div spacer tag). I'd like to figure out how to do that with the Pro version without sacrificing cross-browser compatibility as it states in the docs.

Nonetheless, it did require some "tweaking", but when it came down to it, it wasn't that much. Just figuring out what did and didn't need tweaking was the time consuming part. For instance, the CSS usage, which I never completely figured out, is no longer represented in the html js line (i.e., MENU_ITEMS, MENU_POS, MENU_STYLES now does not contain the MENU_STYLES part).

I had changed some file names, and there is a line that points to the file path (TMenu_path_to_files) in the menu.js file which threw me off. Not to mention the constant reference to the icon files and path.

I also removed all the references to the icon files it was trying to load as it seemed to slow it down even more. Especially using the 'd' and 'r' references (which are really nice, but I'll continue to do without for now).

I understand "why" on most things, and they all make good programming sense. Just takes a while to figure it out is all. However, I was only working with the Demo 1 files. There are probably at least a dozen ways to do everything with any of these.

I still like the menu a LOT, but will be sticking with the Pro version for now. Speed improvement for menus with a lot of menu items is still the big issue for me, which doesn't seem to be removed with the Gold.

Sincerely,

Keith D Commiskey

Gifts For You
http://giftsforyou.biz
Quality and affordable gifts for all occasions

Animation Design Group
http://animationdesigngroup.com
Computer animation, web & database development
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Product Page
Functionality demos Functionality demos