Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: sub form validation
mikeday

posted on 2/4/2005 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
sub form validation

I will try to describe the requirement:
i have been building a php script that generates a "wizard" for data entry from a Mysql DB. basically the code reads the DB and generates a form. this form incorporates a series of "virtual" subforms. These forms are all individual tables defined within unique <DIV>'s.
I have then used <<back/forward>> buttons to cycle through the "forms" by managing the <Div>'s visibility.
The basic flow works rather well, I have even generated specific Tigra validation scripts for each <DIV>.

The idea being that an error_ <DIV> can be assigned to each "subform" and validations called as the user moves between "subforms"

The glaring obvious problem is that Tigra Pro validates at <form> level rather than <DIV> level.
Any ideas?

It is so frustrating to be so close but so far.
I am staring at the prospect of having to write my own validation processor, which would be a shame considering the power of what i have paid for with Validator Pro.
mikeday

posted on 2/4/2005 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote

Amazing what a shower can do.
All fixed. I now have a wizard process that validates each "subform" by calling xx.exec where xx is the subform name. All of the validators use the same form Id, but (obviously now) i can submit the validation with the rule set for just the subform xx.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page
Product Demonstrations Product Demos
Registration Form Validation
Login Form Validation
Multiple Forms Validation
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page
Change Log
Validators Comparison Table
Support Forum Technical Support