Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Menu does'nt appear at all...
cverr

posted on 12/24/2004 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Menu does'nt appear at all...

No matter what I've tried and the countless hours I spent trying to solve the problem, I never been able to see a menu at all.

I'm working directly offline from my computer. Could it be the reason why?

I desperately need help because My web site is waiting for this menu to go Online, I desperately need it.

I did like suggested in the instructions in all possible ways to no avail.

Could somenone lease tell me how this thing is working and do we use it, what and where to copy the script from and where to put it...

Regards.
cverr

posted on 12/26/2004 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote

Could someone (for god sake) tell me how to make this menu to appear on my page?

Does the menu directory structure has to be completely created before to see the menu to appear?

Is it absolutely essential to have all the pages related in the created menu to be allready existing to see the menu to appear?

What could refrain the menu to appear on a page?

Could a firewall, antivirus or anything else refrain the menu to show-up?

I'm working on it since over a week now and I have'nt seen any menu to show-up on my page yet...

Please, someone, help me...
IntranetDeveloper

posted on 2/19/2005 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Have you resolved this??

Just wondering if your problem has been solved.

I am running into the same problem. Really strange. Did exactly (of course that's probably subjective...) as the documentation stated.

No Menu appears...

-J
tigra
Administrator

posted on 2/19/2005 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote

Don't you guys think it will take a wizard to resolve your problem without any details provided? It's like "my car doesn't work" can be anything from "out of gas" to "it was recycled".
ZoinksGraphics

posted on 6/10/2005 at 03:13 AM Reply With Quote
Menu doesn't show after Norton 2005 upgrade

Okay, only seen this problem a couple times in this forum. Both times not a lot of details were provided and so no resolution was achieved. Hence allow me to launch into TONS of details....

I recently upgraded the Norton firewall on one of my clients' computers. She's now running Norton Internet Security 2005 for Windows XP. The computer is a fairly new Compaq, purchased a year or two ago, and she's connecting to the Internet by cable modem using AOL and Firefox. Shortly after the Norton upgrade she called to tell me that the menu (generated by the free "Tigra Menu" version) on her website (http://www.naprhsw.org) is no longer visible. After seeing the menu fine on several other machines/platforms/browsers, I was able to narrow it down to being just her machine, likely something that happened during the Norton update. This is reinforced by the fact that the menu doesn't show on her computer using AOL *or* Firefox.

Simple enough answer, "lighten up" the security on her machine, you say? Not so fast! The concern is that if we could accidentally disable the menu on her machine with a Norton upgrade, how many *other* Norton customers out there are potentially doing the same thing? So the solution needs to be on the website's end, meaning some way to tweak the script. But for the life of me I can't find the answer: Updating the script to the latest version from softcomplex.com has caused no joy in Mudville...

Add to this mix the fact that mysteriously the Tigra menu on ANOTHER of my clients' sites (http://www.collectorskingdom.net) *does* display on the computer with the strict Norton Internet Security settings. The only difference I can see between that site and the NAPRHSW site is that collectorskingdom.net has the Tigra scripts on the root directory and NAPRHSW has it a few levels down. Would this cause Norton Internet Security to think the script on NAPRHSW site is something malicious and block it?

I'd really like to get this to work on the computer that has become a poster-child for "too strict" Norton Internet Security settings because then I would know it works in a "worst-case scenario." Barring that, if anyone has tips on how to "loosen up" the Norton settings, I can put a link to a page with such instructions behind the menu. That way if the menu doesn't show, the user can view how to correct the problem.

Hope this is enough info to diagnose and solve the issue. Let me know if more details are needed!
ZoinksGraphics

posted on 6/18/2005 at 02:17 AM Reply With Quote
No help from this board

Apparently it doesn't matter if there is little or a ton of background info. Guess the admins and software developers are too busy to check the board posts, even when I sent them an e-mail directing them right to this thread.... :(
Rofl

posted on 6/23/2005 at 02:43 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
Don't you guys think it will take a wizard to resolve your problem without any details provided? It's like "my car doesn't work" can be anything from "out of gas" to "it was recycled".

Geez, this is the answer from a board administrator???? I was checking this forum before plunking down $50 for the Pro version...with support like that, I'll take my money elsewhere.
tigra
Administrator

posted on 6/24/2005 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote

Re: support and responce times etc: Before you created the account on this forum you confirmed that you read this:
Quote:

This forum is more like a community board where users help each other and we post some tips and tricks. Don't expect guaranteed and/or timely response here. For urgent requests we recommend using our support system at: http://www.softcomplex.com/support/

That's at the very beginning of the agreement and not in fine print. Also at the support page there is a section describing the best ways to contact about different sort of issues.

Now to the matter of things: You're right, that's tons of details but nothing that suggest that the problem is in our script or that solution is possible at all. Our menu works in the sandbox of the browser. You can do all kind of things to disable the javascript and its functions and nothing javascript code can do about that. Now what would really help is information about other menu products or versions. Do they work on that machine? If they do, then we can make some adjustments too. Do you receive any javascript errors? What are those? No javascript errors? Bad sign, javascript either works or complains. Make sure to enable reporting.
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Tigra Menu
Product Demonstrations Live Demos:
Traditional Blue
White Steps
Inner HTML
All Together
Frames Targeting
Free Download Free Download
Free Download Menu Builders
Online Builder