Support Forum Softcomplex logo
About Us  | Services  | Download  | Order  | Support  | |
| Search | Today's Posts | Stats | Board Rules | Not logged in [ Login | Register ]
go to bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Error: Browser trying to call line in js (' + this.fields[1] + ')
skyloaf
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Registered: 1/15/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 1/15/2004 at 04:32 AM Reply With Quote
Error: Browser trying to call line in js (' + this.fields[1] + ')


If it helps, browser returns:

The requested URL /newsite/scripts/' + this.fields[1] + ' was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's something totally basic.


Thanks,
Jerry
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
mariagwyn
Junior Member

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/19/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 1/30/2004 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote

I have a similar problem, and though I don't know javascript, I have narrowed it down to the following:

When I downloaded the file, the menu.js file, under the section titled "function mitem_init...document.write" contains the following line:
+'o" href="Menu/%27%20%2B%20this.fields%5B1%5D%20%2B%20%27" style="position: absolute; top: '

This line looked suspiciously like the error link that my meny was creating. So, as an experiment, I replaced it with the following line:
+'o" href="http://www.bc.edu/ctewc" style="position: absolute; top: '
which my main website. It worked, in that it changed everyone of my 0-level menu links to that site. However, the problem still exists that it is not letting the links I have entered into the menu_items file take effect.

So, along with skyloaf, I could use some help.

Thanks,
Maria

p.s., I am happy to attach a file if necessary.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
rock
Moderator

Posts: 687
Registered: 4/15/2003
Member Is Offline
posted on 2/2/2004 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote

Could you attach your items.js and tpl.js files and mention menu version?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
skyloaf
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Registered: 1/15/2004
Member Is Offline
posted on 2/4/2004 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote

Fixed.

I took out all the numbers and percentage figures ("%56%67", etc.) stuff around the term "this.fields" and replaced it with the apostrophe mark and plus sign, as it appears in the error.

I think the numbers and percentage marks are created by the browser and somehow got changed in the code when I brought it into Dreamweaver. It works now.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread

Related Links:
Product Page Tigra Menu
Product Demonstrations Live Demos:
Traditional Blue
White Steps
Inner HTML
All Together
Frames Targeting
Free Download Free Download
Free Download Menu Builders
Online Builder
Builder for Windows
Product Documentation Documentation:
Documenation Page
Change Log
Menus Comparison Table
Support Forum Support Forum
 
Tigra Menu PRO
Product Demonstrations Live Demos
Alignment & Multimenus
Unlimited Depth
Item sizing and positioning
Inner HTML
Frames, Targeting
Static Positioning
Free Download Menu Builders
Online Builder
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page
Tigra Menu PRO FAQ
Change Log
Menus Comparison Table
Support Forum Technical Support
Support Forum
Customer Care System
Order Now ORDER NOW!
Add to Cart
View Cart
 
Product Page Tigra Menu GOLD
Functionality demos Functionality demos
Multiple
Cross-framed
Select-boxes
Effects
Design demos Design demos
Icons & arrows
Idea!
Hi there!
Matrix
MS Style
XP Style
Dots
3D-Buttons
Product Documentation Documentation
Documenation Page
Change Log
Menus Comparison Table
Support Forum Technical Support
Support Forum
Customer Care System
Order Now ORDER NOW!
Add to Cart
View Cart
 

Go To Top


Powered by XMB 1.9.1 Nexus
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002-2004