Here's our approach to implementing cross-browser modal mode windows.
- when window is opened all other elements of the page become inaccessible
- unlimited nesting of the modal windows not limited to boundaries of opening dialog
- configurable size and position of the window
- move window by drag-n-drop of the header
- iframes based (doesn't suffer from IE problem with windowed controls displayed through all elements)
- appearance of each dialog is configurable via CSS independently
- ajax friendly implementation
License: free for any kind of applications. Modifications allowed. Keep the credits inside the script file intact.
Hi thanks for this modal pop-in code... I found it quite useful.
One thing... There seems to be a couple of odd effects after you close the modal pop-in window until you refresh the original window.
A quick and dirty hack I implemented was to add the following line to the end of the function f_dialogClose:
This forces the window to refresh from cache when you close the pop-in. Seems to work for me.