Board Logo

css problem
shmageki - 4/15/2003 at 08:31 AM

i'm probably missing something obvious... but is there a reason why i can get all style properties in the css file to work besides text-decoration and color?
i didn't include style tags within the actual document... just pasted the code just as it is recommended in the support documents
even before i edited any code the original version would not change those two properties...
thanks

rock - 4/15/2003 at 10:07 AM

There is a chance that text-decoration and color properties are overriden by global document style class definition for <a> tag. If you are not using global class for anchors, you can easily define these properties.
For example:

.mout {
background-color: #ffffff;
text-decoration: none;
width: 100%;
padding: 0px;
}
.mout a{
color:black;
text-decoration: overline;
}

snies - 5/2/2003 at 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rock
There is a chance that text-decoration and color properties are overriden by global document style class definition for <a> tag. If you are not using global class for anchors, you can easily define these properties...

I too am having a problem with text-decoration and style properties. When I cut-n-paste the demo1 menu into my application the menu nodes all have underlines, whereas they don't in the original demo. I don't believe that I am setting an anchor style anywhere in the application, but am not sure what you are referring to for "global document style class definition" or "global class for anchors". Could you please elaborate?

PS. I am having the same problem for all anchors in my application. It seems that my specific text-decoration and color properties are being overridden by something, but I am not sure by what.

rock - 5/2/2003 at 08:16 AM

By default anchors have underlines. Please note that in our demo we override this default property (text-decoration: none). You can contact us at http://www.softcomplex.com/support/ if you heed any assistance with your application.

snies - 5/2/2003 at 06:37 PM

I found the reason for the problem of text-decoration and color being ignored for anchors. I had thought (erroneously) that an anchor would inherit the style of its container. Since my container specified text-decoration: none and color: #000000 that the links contained in that container would be black without underlines.

It turns out that within the browser's settings dialog there are options for specifying whether or not links are underlined (underlined is default) and the link color (blue default). In order to change the link appearance I had to explicitly override the link style (i.e., the container style was NOT being inherited). I was able to change the link appearance by including the following styles in the document:

A, A:link, A:visited, A:active{
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #000000;
}
A:hover{
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
color: #0000ff;
}

Oh well, live and learn :-)

Steve

Hypnotic - 11/6/2005 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rock
By default anchors have underlines. Please note that in our demo we override this default property (text-decoration: none). You can contact us at http://www.softcomplex.com/support/ if you heed any assistance with your application.

Hi, I need to take this one step further. I already have my default <a> classes in the stylesheet and also have the styles needed for the menu within the same sheet. Within all of the styles needed for Tigra menu I have specified 'text-decoration: none;' for the menu items however these still get overwritten by the <a> classes. The background colour hover also gets overwritten by the <a> class.

Is there a way that I can keep the <a> classes as they are but stop the menu items from being underlined?

Many thanks.

rock - 11/7/2005 at 09:20 AM

Please see solution in the product documentation page.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/