We have need of doing some style updates to images that are not a part of the actual nodes after a parent node has been opened. Since tigra
"remembers" the state of child nodes if the parent nodes has already been opened once and then closed again, but after refreshing the page the child
nodes are note visible and therefore not yet initialized so they are not returned when looking for nodes in a certain state.
Here is an example of what we want to do:
1) Tree is defined with 2 nodes off of the root.
2) Each of these main child nodes has 2 children, who also have two children.
3) The first node off of the root and all of his posterity (children and grandchildren) were opened, then the first node was again closed.
4) The page is refreshed
5) The first node off of the root is again opened, tigra remembers that all of his posterity was opened last time he had been opened and therefore all open again.
6) I need to be able to change some image styles based on the fact that the posterity are in an opened state, which I believe needs to happen through an "afterItemOpened" method so that the posterity are only now initialized.
Well you can write your own code around the tree menu to change the images in tree_tpl structure based on the state of submenus. You can gather information about the state of the submenus in your afterItemOpened event handler and store that information in browser cookies or you can parse cookies of the tree directly. Anyway this isn't something supported by the tree itself so additional coding is required. If you can't DIY feel free to submit a quote request in the support system.