Board Logo

Target and alt tags
mission - 9/29/2005 at 01:30 PM

Hi,

A couple of questeions...

1. How can we control the targetting of various targets?

We are using the ASP VB version so have a db table for a menu, which works fine. Mostly a target of _self is fine, which we have set up in the main config file, thare are instances however when we need to target an _blank and even set the widow properties such as tools and size.

2. How can we have ALT tags for our links?

If you could point me to anything that would be great as I know I have seen info about both of the above points in your documentation but cannot locate info when the feed is a database and not flat file.

Regards

Phil

rock - 9/29/2005 at 03:06 PM

1. To alternate default target (_self) you could use javascript function as item link - in the function you could create new window with custom properties.

2. If you mean tooltip - free control has no settings to define the property, but PRO version has the feature.

mission - 9/29/2005 at 03:20 PM

1. I will give it a go. So in the db column where we would normally put the URL link replace tis with the javascript code to do the same?

2. We have the Pro version but could not see how to implement. If you could point me to the information that would be great.

Thanks

Phil

rock - 10/3/2005 at 01:06 PM

1. To have JS function as item's link use following pattern:
['Text', "javascript:myJSfunction('strArgument')"]
Also as you got PRO version you could alter target window using item scope settings key 'tw', e.g.:
['Text', 'link.html', {'tw':'altTargetName'}]

2. Use item scope settings key 'tt', e.g.:
['Text', 'link.html', {'tt':'Item description'}]

Please read more about item scope settings in the Tigra Tree Menu PRO documentation and also look at the demo2(Frames Targeting) from your Tigra Tree Menu PRO download package.

mission - 10/3/2005 at 02:52 PM

Thanks. We used the first option as it gave more control ie:

javascript:void(window.open('URL_HERE', 'ptop', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menub ar=no,scrollbar=yes,resizable=yesy,copyhistory=yes,width='+660+',height='+510+',left='+10+', top='+10+',screenX='+10+',screenY='+10+''));

works a treat. I have a cople of other qestions also but will post as seperate issue.

Regards

Phil

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/