Board Logo

Looking for cookie examples
mberkeland - 6/9/2005 at 06:39 AM

I recently got Tigra Tree Pro, and it is working wonderfully for me. I am doing server-side generation of the tree based on mysql, and the examples were clear and concise - thanks! Now, I would like to use save/load of cookies to keep my tree state across refreshes. I have seen mention of it in the archives, and have read that save/load exist in the documentation, but I would really like to see a simple example of how to do this. Demo6 seems to behave this way, but I don't see in the code where it is doing "save" and "load". Thanks in advance!

rock - 6/9/2005 at 08:09 AM

Can't understand your question exactly. Save/restore of tree states is performed automatically. Please describe your issue in other words.

mberkeland - 6/9/2005 at 09:22 PM

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that it was automatic.

I guess I must be doing something wrong then, or else the "automatic-ness" of state retention does not work exactly the same when doing server-side generation of the data structure. I have a mysql database that generates the data on the server side, and the tree items get set to various colors/icons depending on values (up/down, etc) in the database. I "refresh" this tree (refresh the page, thus regenerating the tree) every 90 seconds. Any "state" of the tree (expanded/contracted nodes, selected items) are lost on the refresh. Any idea what I could be doing wrong (given the limited amount of information in this post!)? Thanks in advance! By the way, I used the "php-database" add-on sample as the basis of what I am doing, so only the tables/fields of the database are really different: the tree_tpl and tree.css are the same.

mberkeland - 6/9/2005 at 10:16 PM

Oops! Found my problem.. d'oh!

I wanted, on the first time through, for the tree to be fully expanded, so I was setting "'st':1"... this, of course, would override the "saved state". Sorry for the false alarm!

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/