Board Logo

sorted events
headknocker - 3/18/2008 at 12:19 AM

With only a few events on the monthly view, the events are sorted, but as I add more events the sorting no longer works. This topic has been discussed many times but there doesn't seem to be a good answer.

Has anyone discovered the solution to getting a sorted list of events with the monthly view?

kvv - 3/21/2008 at 12:54 PM

to fix this issue please edit calendar.php file
look for

uasort($items,array('calendar','sort_by_time_start'));

in the show_month_event function (approximate line #700) and comment this line.

erik_1099 - 3/28/2008 at 10:09 PM

This worked great, THANK YOU! I just needed to make sure my events (which are daily) did not have a time in them.

However, they are now listing in reverse order, ie ranging from end of the month at the top of the list in descending order to first of the month at the bottom. Is there a good way to reverse that?

Here's a URL: www.premieregolfsolutions.com/calendar.php?CLmPremiere_Golf_Solutions=3

Quote:
Originally posted by kvv
to fix this issue please edit calendar.php file
look for

uasort($items,array('calendar','sort_by_time_start'));

in the show_month_event function (approximate line #700) and comment this line.

mediaworks - 3/31/2008 at 03:25 PM

this function needs added:

function sort_by_date($_a,$_b){
return ($a[1] < $b[1]) ? -1 : 0;
}

then the uasort line becomes:

usort($items,array('calendar','sort_by_date'));

used with the show_month_event() function this will work to sort by date in order.

headknocker - 4/8/2008 at 09:16 PM

mediaworks,

Are you sure? kvv's solution worked fine, but when I made your change things became unsorted.

With kvv's solution things look good, except events that occur on the same day are not time ordered.

kvv,
Any ideas on getting events date and time ordered?

mediaworks - 4/10/2008 at 06:33 PM

$a = $_a->day;
$b = $_b->day;;
if ($a == $b) return 0;
return ($a < $b) ? -1 : 1;
}

this one works great for me, i agree the previous was broke.

erik_1099 - 4/10/2008 at 07:34 PM

That works! Hooray! Thank you. So, in conclusion, I used KVV's modifications, and the modification below (along with the usort mod above) and got a monthly list, in order from the first to the last of the month. My events do not have times, and are one per day.

Quote:
Originally posted by mediaworks
$a = $_a->day;
$b = $_b->day;;
if ($a == $b) return 0;
}

this one works great for me, i agree the previous was broke.

erik_1099 - 4/10/2008 at 07:37 PM

In summary, here's what to do:

In the file cl_files/calendar.php:

Add the following code:

$a = $_a->day;
$b = $_b->day;;
if ($a == $b) return 0;
}

then the uasort line (around line 700) should be changed to:

usort($items,array('calendar','sort_by_date'));

Once those changes are made, use the show_month_event() function and make sure your events do not have times. This is for showing a monthly listing of daily events. Thanks to kvv and mediaworks for sorting this out.

This should probably checked and stickied.

dante_in_Calgary - 11/22/2008 at 08:05 AM

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. If I comment out line 700 (uasort) then I get things sorted but in reverse order.

then I try to change the uasort line as indicated above and I try to add the function to the bottom of the code and I get an error:

Warning: uasort(): Invalid comparison function on line 700

Can anybody clarify is there a specific place the new function has to go? Does it need any additional code such as a { or } or /* ?

I'm not much of a PHP guy so any help is appreciated.

dante_in_Calgary - 11/22/2008 at 08:31 PM

disregard. I played around and tripped across the right place.

gobak - 11/17/2009 at 08:03 PM

Hello,
has anyone managed to get this working? If I implement those code changes I get the same message as DanteInCalgary:
Warning: uasort(): Invalid comparison function on line 700

And yet another question: am I somehow able to display months in different language? Not those in calendar but those generated by $date? I am Czech and our website doesn't look good mixed with English words.

Edit. Aha. If I toggle error reporting off, it works! (I guess there are errors still but they just don't show).

-------------------
By the way thanks for the nice stuff, fellows! This is exactly what I need, just to get the monthly events display working correctly and I am happy hippo.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/