Board Logo

Stuck in loop?
mohlemei - 7/28/2005 at 08:47 PM

I've appeared to install the event calendar correctly, but am stuck in what appears to be a loop.
The main page showing the two default calendars comes up fine, and clicking on Control Panel brings up the login page. I login with the default (admin, demo), and am taken to the events editor page.
Here's where the problem starts. No matter what I try to do (create new calendar, change password, submit a new event) I'm taken to the login page again and then back to the events editor page. Nothing has changed, and if I try again, the problem repeats.
Any ideas, thoughts?
Thanks.
Mark

criscokid - 11/12/2005 at 09:34 PM

I'm also having this problem. Did you manage to find a solution?

cmacalvary - 11/27/2005 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mohlemei
I've appeared to install the event calendar correctly, but am stuck in what appears to be a loop.
The main page showing the two default calendars comes up fine, and clicking on Control Panel brings up the login page. I login with the default (admin, demo), and am taken to the events editor page.
Here's where the problem starts. No matter what I try to do (create new calendar, change password, submit a new event) I'm taken to the login page again and then back to the events editor page. Nothing has changed, and if I try again, the problem repeats.
Any ideas, thoughts?
Thanks.
Mark

It sounds like a permissions issue. See my post on 777

criscokid - 11/28/2005 at 07:44 PM

My server runs Windows 2003. I've given the process 'full permission' for the claendar subdirectories and files and still the problem exists.

cmacalvary - 11/28/2005 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by criscokid
My server runs Windows 2003. I've given the process 'full permission' for the claendar subdirectories and files and still the problem exists.

how frustrating! I'll see if i can think of something.

jadetech - 12/3/2005 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmacalvary
Quote:
Originally posted by criscokid

how frustrating! I'll see if i can think of something.

I was able to stop the looping by commenting out a couple lines in the index.php files:

13: $_SESSION=$HTTP_SESSION_VARS['__SESSION__'];
309: $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['__SESSION__']=$_SESSION;

I did this becaues I saw another posting talking about after upgrading to PHP5 the $HTTP_* variables were not valild.

Hope this help some of you out there.

criscokid - 1/7/2006 at 05:25 PM

Commenting out the two lines mentioned in the previous post unfortunately doesn't fix the problem - I'm still stuck in ongoing loop!

This looks like it's a great application - it's a pity that support on these forums from the devlopers seems to be non-existent. Can anyone else recommend a good events calendar application written in PHP?

dswartze - 2/28/2006 at 03:22 PM

Any solution to this issue? I downloaded and installed the Event Calendar yesterday and immediately I ran into the "loop issue".

I am hosting my site on POWWEB.com, php4. POWWEB does not allow 777 permissions. Close I can get 755, which should be good enough, no?

Cannot use it if this is how the s/w behaves.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/