Board Logo

calendar goes back to config defaults
mark1 - 5/12/2005 at 01:14 PM

After changing calendar cofig I save the settings and everything is ok. However after changing template config setting the calendar config setting return to defaults. Anyone have any ideas why?
Thanks
Mark

LCAngela - 5/17/2005 at 06:49 PM

I'm having this problem as well. My custom settings seem to save fine, except for the "time zone" (reverts back to Afghanistan) and the "start of the week" (reverts back to European)...perhaps there are a few others, but I left some settings at the default, so I may not be seeing them. The reversions always occur after saving changes to the templates.

Anyone have a clue as to what we need to do to fix this?

LCAngela - 5/18/2005 at 08:27 PM

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the way view.php is reading the settings files.

Starting at lines 51 and 130:

Code:
$calendar->a_template['timezone'] = $timezones[$timezone][0];
$calendar->a_template['timezoneID'] = $timezone;
if(!$is_american) {
$calendar->a_template['is_american'] = 0;
}

I've tried changing the "0" values here to "267" (for US Eastern timezone) and "1" (to start the week on Sunday), but so far only the new "is_american" value is sticking. I tried putting single-quotes around the 267, but that didn't help.

These values are obviously not blank in my calendar's settings, and they're referenced fine until the "Update" button at the bottom of the templates page is clicked, so view.php is likely not retrieving them correctly, or something about the functions that are called when you click that "Update" button is overwriting the existing settings.

That's just what I figure so far, anyway...

mark1 - 5/18/2005 at 10:50 PM

I went with a work around. It does not end the problem but helps a little. What I did was remove all the options in the time zone and is america list boxes. It does not prvent them from returning to default but it is easier to tell users to just go to calendar config and click update after updating template config
I hope this problem does not happen when I purchase the license.

XTinitus - 10/14/2006 at 05:55 AM

I am having this problem too. Did the problem still happen after you bought the license?

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/