Board Logo

calendar and events list on the same page + errors
xrintrahx - 11/12/2004 at 03:50 AM

This seems to me like a very basic question, however, for the life of me, I cannot locate Templates Config ->Alternative URL -> Custom event list URL.

I log onto the control panel and click the templates config tab, and there are only 3 options, header, entry, and footer. Nothing about Alternative URLs.

Do I have an old version? Is this actually a file I need to edit, or is it in the control panel?

Also, copy and pasted this

<?
$calendar->init($c_num);
$calendar->show_event();
?>

into a file and got this error:

Can't open /home/splatter/public_html/calander/cl_files/data/config.php file.
Please, check permissions. For more details see Installation Instructions

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/splatter/public_html/calander/cl_files/calendar.php on line 671

A) I do not have a config.php file, and neither does the zip file installer. I do, however, have config files that are named after the calendars, such as: configDemo_vertical.php

B) Line 671 is for function show_event() {
Is there something I need to add or edit??

thanks!
a.

xrintrahx - 11/30/2004 at 07:20 PM

I have yet to find a solution. E-mailing support didn't help either. Has anyone successfully put the calendar and the event list on the same page?

any ideas about those errors?

Or does anybody know of another calendar that does similar things but has better support??

thanks for your time
a.

windwebguy - 2/19/2005 at 07:14 AM

I'm having the same template problem as you. I can't see a link to an Alternate URL on the template config page. I have no solution for you, just to say I am a kindred spirit ;)

niferzilla - 3/1/2005 at 07:44 PM

I think I may have figured out where "Templates Config ->Alternative URL -> Custom event list URL" can be modified:

in the index.php page on your calendar module, you will see the "Events Editor" tab at the top if the page.

Once you are in the Events Editor there is a pull down selector at the top "Event List" with the option "redirect to custom URL".

It seems to have the correct spaces to fill in the information requested in the instructions.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer

wjthomas9 - 10/4/2005 at 04:27 PM

I have successfully used calendar and evnents on same page. Be glad to help you try to figure out what is wrong. I saw a post that saved me a lot of trouble right off the bat. It said that the default settings under Calendars Config -> Default Event Cell Settings -> Open event list at URL: and Open event list target: were reversed by default. My settings are:

Open event list at URL: (name of my website's calendar page)
Open event list target: _self

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/