Board Logo

Problems with Frames
wildbi111 - 7/31/2007 at 07:25 PM

I am looking for a simple method of having two frames. The top frame would contain the menu (tigra menu gold) and the bottom frame would display the various web pages.

Are there any simple examples on how to do this without all the style tags etc. My example below dos not work yet the menu.html work fine outside the frame

Here's what I have:
============>index.html<=============
<html>
<head>
<title>Testing Frams</title>
</head>
<frameset border=0 framespacing=0 rows=123,*,40 frameborder=0>
<frame name=header marginwidth=15 marginheight=15 bottomnargin=15 src="menu.html" scrolling=no>
<frame name=header marginwidth=15 marginheight=15 bottomnargin=15 src="anypage.html" scrolling=no>
</frameset>
</html>

=========> menu.html <=============
<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/menu.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/items.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/template.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="menu_files/menu.css">
</HEAD>
<BODY TEXT="#000000" BGCOLOR="#ffffff" LINK="#0000EF" VLINK="#55188A" ALINK="#FF0000">
<CENTER>
<script language="JavaScript">
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_TPL);
</script>
</BODY></HTML>

tigra - 7/31/2007 at 07:30 PM

The sample for very similar situation can be found in the Tigra Menu GOLD distribution package in directory "frames"

wildbi111 - 7/31/2007 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
The sample for very similar situation can be found in the Tigra Menu GOLD distribution package in directory "frames"

I've tried and cannot seem to get it to work.

wildbi111 - 7/31/2007 at 09:33 PM

Ok I can get it to display now but the menu items get cut off at a certain point. I had to replace MENU_POS0 with MENU_TPL, so I'm sure I'm missing something hear or is there a way for the pop-down menus to overlay the bottom fram?

In the header.html I have the following:

<html>
<head>
<title>Header.........</title>

<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/menu.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/items.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="menu_files/template.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="menu_files/menu.css">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" leftMargin="15" marginwidth="15" marginheight="0" topmargin="15" bottommargin="0" onscroll="this.scrollTo(0,0);return false">
<CENTER>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var frameset = [
['header'],
['content']
]
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_TPL, {'frames' : frameset});
//-->
</script>
</CENTER>
</BODY></HTML>

tigra - 7/31/2007 at 11:01 PM

make sure the frame name you pass to the menu match actual frameset. In the code you posted both frames have the same name "header" and there is no "content".

wildbi111 - 8/1/2007 at 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
make sure the frame name you pass to the menu match actual frameset. In the code you posted both frames have the same name "header" and there is no "content".

I caught that and fixed it. Now my problem is a menu with more than four items does not display anything after the fourth menu item. Seem to stop righ at the boundary for the frame.

tigra - 8/1/2007 at 02:58 PM

make sure menus work fine in each individual document (without frameset). Watch for the error messages. If nothing helps submit a support ticket attaching the zip with all the files.

spw - 9/8/2007 at 01:43 AM

Have a look at the source code for www.kitebeach.com.au =- we use Tigra extensively

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/