Board Logo

Javascript error 'TM0_ is undefined'
jim2ee - 11/3/2005 at 09:15 AM

I just upgraded to Tigra Menu Gold and this error is driving me nuts. I'm working in Websphere Application Developer.

All menu files are in my directory TigraMenuGold.
------------------------------------------------------------------
menu.js:
var TMenu_path_to_files='TigraMenuGold/';

var menus=[],TM1E,TMF.... etc

I've also tried '/TigraMenuGold/' and '../TigraMenuGold/'
------------------------------------------------------------------
html file:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<META name="GENERATOR" content="IBM WebSphere Studio">
<TITLE></TITLE>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../TigraMenuGold/menu.css">
<script language="JavaScript" src="../TigraMenuGold/menu.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="../TigraMenuGold/left_menu_items.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="../TigraMenuGold/template.js"></script>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<script language="JavaScript">
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_TPL);
</script>
</BODY>
</HTML>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help would be greatly appreciated.


tigra - 11/11/2005 at 05:17 AM

Usually this error means that the path in menu.js is incorrect. I see you tried several different options, but probably none of them are correct. Submit the support ticket providing the URL of your webpage and we'll recommend you the settings.


rdleeper - 11/28/2006 at 10:51 AM

I had the same problem. While I can't confirm this as I have tried many things and now don't want to "break" a working solution....try running unix2dos or dos2unix on your menu*.js files. I am doing development on Windows (apache/Weblogic) and deploy to Linux.

I was having problems on my dev box. I was going to submit a support ticket and reference the working files on my public web site (linux). However, when I pushed my test case to the linux box...it worked without any changes. I then thought of previous errors I had had with migrating files between Windows/Unix and remembered the dos2unix/unix2dos utilities.

Another thing to check is the file permissions on your files at the web server. Double check your error logs to see if any file permission errors are being logged. This helped as well.

This may or may not be the solution as I had tried many things at once. If you do tryit ...keep a backup of your files before you try.

Hope it helps.


Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/