Board Logo

transition blues
bopp - 12/10/2005 at 12:19 AM

trying to "upgrade" from the free version to pro...not an easy transition! having difficulties getting the customized things that worked fine in free to work in pro...

right now I'm trying to figure out how to keep the background from scrolling...in the free version it stayed fixed...which is what I need...
any ideas?

also, in the free version I was able to hack in a pause, so the items scrolling would pause in the center of the scroller for 1.5 seconds...I did that in scroll.html which is not in the pro version...where would I be able to do this in the pro version?

also, in the free version I was able to change the arrow buttons' action from onMouseover to onClick...how can I achieve this with pro?

also, when I try to call the jump function after initializing the scroller:

new TScroll_init (Tscr_LOOK0, Tscr_BEHAVE0, Tscr_ITEMS0);
S.jump_to(1);

it doesn't jump, and throws a javascript error in the mozilla debugger:
Error: this.tspb has no properties
Source File: http://[--cut--]/tsp_files/scroll.dom.js
Line: 11

I tried the var myscoller = new...
and then myscoller.jump_to(1);
but that throws the same erro...
???

All I wanted from this pro version was to be able to get the space out between the items...to me it seems less flexible than the free version, and has not been an easy transition....
thanks

free version: http://[--cut--]
pro version: http://[--cut--]/index3.html


rock - 12/10/2005 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bopp
trying to "upgrade" from the free version to pro...not an easy transition! having difficulties getting the customized things that worked fine in free to work in pro...

It's never declared that configs for the products are identical
Quote:
Originally posted by bopp

right now I'm trying to figure out how to keep the background from scrolling...in the free version it stayed fixed...which is what I need...
any ideas?

Download package demo has two scrollers, you can see second one with background.
Quote:
Originally posted by bopp

also, in the free version I was able to hack in a pause, so the items scrolling would pause in the center of the scroller for 1.5 seconds...I did that in scroll.html which is not in the pro version...where would I be able to do this in the pro version?

in your Tscr_ITEMS just define
'pause_b': 1.5,
or
'pause_a': 1.5,
Quote:
Originally posted by bopp

also, in the free version I was able to change the arrow buttons' action from onMouseover to onClick...how can I achieve this with pro?

Code customization required, since PRO version license does not allows code modification. See Terms and Conditions
Quote:
Originally posted by bopp
also, when I try to call the jump function after initializing the scroller:

new TScroll_init (Tscr_LOOK0, Tscr_BEHAVE0, Tscr_ITEMS0);
S.jump_to(1);

it doesn't jump, and throws a javascript error in the mozilla debugger:
Error: this.tspb has no properties
Source File: http://[--cut--]/tsp_files/scroll.dom.js
Line: 11

I tried the var myscoller = new...
and then myscoller.jump_to(1);
but that throws the same erro...
???

Download package demo has two scrollers, you can see second one with jump_to function realized.
Quote:
Originally posted by bopp

All I wanted from this pro version was to be able to get the space out between the items...to me it seems less flexible than the free version, and has not been an easy transition....
thanks

free version: http://[--cut--]
pro version: http://[--cut--]/index3.html

NOTE: Please do not post references to our comercial products. See Board Rules #5

Please refer to our Customer Care System if any code modifications required


bopp - 12/10/2005 at 08:11 PM

funny you can't post references to a commercial product on a board about a commercial product...lol
seems ya gots a bit of an attitude there rock...
thanks


Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/