Board Logo

scrolling window doesn't refresh
niles110 - 2/18/2003 at 12:32 AM

Everything works fine, but when I chage the content HTML file and save it then hit reload on my browser - it doesn't update the included HTML.

I know I can hit the Shift or CTRL reload and get it to work - but my visitors won't know this. Are there any solutions to have the included HTML update with each visit/refresh to the page?

THanks!

nik - 2/18/2003 at 07:43 AM

Even when you press Shift or CTRL they regard only to parent page frame, not iframe. Iframe content continues to be loaded from cache. To see it is true just rename content HTML file and point it to the scroller.

andyjohn - 7/12/2004 at 12:45 PM

Yes - but is there any way around it?

I also would like to force a refresh of the scroll.tpl0.js file, as I'm dynamically building the list of scroller items from a database.

I'm finding that when I update the data, the file isn't hit again, so doesn't pick up the data changes (browser goes to cache unless I quit browser process).

Should I be attempting to do this another way?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

andyjohn - 7/12/2004 at 12:53 PM

Ahhh ... just rereading nik's post, I just right-clicked on the scroller IFrame and selected 'refresh'. Updated the scroller content properly.

Still ... I'd prefer a programmatic way of forcing a refresh if possible - getting someone to manually refresh is not really a suitable user-experience.

sestey - 7/20/2004 at 03:15 PM

I just installed this product and am running into the EXACT SAME problem. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

rock - 7/21/2004 at 11:47 AM

Please find the demo in the attachment.
If the solution satisfy your needs please let us know and we'll include it in the next product release.

Note: to successfully refresh scroller's items defined via 'file' key, you should use the following meta tag in your files header:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="pragma" content="no-cache">
Just like within s0_data/cont1.html and s0_data/cont2.html files of the demo.

dario di bona - 8/27/2004 at 06:53 PM

Hi rock,

I'm using tigra scoller in my home page retriving items from Mysql (scroll.tpl0.js => scroll.tpl0.php).
I don't know why, but the workaround i downloaded (refresh_issue.zip) doesn't work properly for my code. I tried a little change in function refresh : window.location=history.go() instead of window.location=window.location. It works...and I'don't Know why. I'm not a JS programmer at all.

Bye

Rob2904 - 12/22/2004 at 01:58 PM

I have the same issue as the guys above - I want the content to refresh say every 30 seconds. I have downloaded the refresh zip but can't seem to get this working. Meta tag for no cacheing was added and the refresh was instructed through the header() function in PHP. IE makes a click as it refreshes but the content doesn't change.

Does anybody have any examples of doing this with PHP?

Any help kindly appreciated.

Rob2904 - 12/22/2004 at 02:21 PM

Sorry, I should have looked at the example more closely....my apologies for wasting anybody's time !!

bopp - 9/9/2005 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rock

Note: to successfully refresh scroller's items defined via 'file' key, you should use the following meta tag in your files header:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="pragma" content="no-cache">
Just like within s0_data/cont1.html and s0_data/cont2.html files of the demo.

What if the file is an image? I'll try using an html file for the images...

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/