Board Logo

upgrade to tigra scroller pro
idrake - 3/10/2008 at 03:02 PM

I've installed the free version which works fine, but l want to eliminate the blank screen as one item scrolls out and the next item arrives. If I buy the pro version, which fixes this, do I have to re-install and configure all over again? or is there a simple upgrade which keeps my current configuration and allows me to set new line heights or whatever necessary to fix the problem?

tigra - 3/11/2008 at 02:48 PM

PRO version supports many additional keys so the configuration files are not fully compatible between two versions. The formats are very similar so this is just the matter of cut-n-paste between the files.

idrake - 3/12/2008 at 01:56 PM

ok, I've cut-n-pasted and it's up and working--sorta. using the files for sample 4 of Tigra Scroller Pro, I cannot set a key for 'distance' as it's not available in scroll.tpl0.js which is why I bought the Pro version in the first place! I can live with that, but would love it if there's a way to implement it. What I'm trying now is to control the content that scrolls up first when a visitor lands on the page. How's that done?
And thanks for the reply to the first post.

tigra - 3/12/2008 at 08:49 PM

If you see the configuration key in the documentation and/or in other samples you can copy it to the sample you're using. What exactly you're trying to control? The content itself/appearance/behavior?

idrake - 3/12/2008 at 09:40 PM

I solved the issue of what content scrolls first (when visitor lands on page), thanks.
The original issue for which I bought scroller PRO was to define the distance between items: I'm using the sample 4 scroller, vertical scrolling, and the distance key is not in the script scroll.tpl0.js.
But, if I can copy the right bits of code from one of the other samples to control distance between content, where would I find it?
tks again

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/