When I had added submenus and they worked. I just checked too soon and a few min. later the submenus were there. BUT...NOW...
I changed the order of menu items but renumbered them.
I also added new menu items and submenus.
I did this by cut and past and in the code.
Now on the web the entire navigation is not visible! HELP!
Most likely this is caused by the missing/extra commas at the end of copied/adjacent lines. Can also be a brackets mess. Anyway, if you find it difficult to modify the structure manually you can always use the menu builder that comes with the product. You don't need to worry about the styles/template configuration in this case, just edit items and save/export only items structure.