Board Logo

Menu at top, not where I wanted it
MrLarkins - 12/7/2007 at 05:45 PM

I put the

Code:
<script language="JavaScript">
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_TPL);
</script>

where I wanted it in my HTML document. However, it just displays at the top.

What am I missing?

MrLarkins - 12/7/2007 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrLarkins
I put the
Code:
</script>

where I wanted it in my HTML document. However, it just displays at the top.

What am I missing?

Is it true that the free version doesn't allow you to place the menu anywhere in an HTML document? Or can I put it in a table somewhere besides the top left.

MrLarkins - 12/7/2007 at 06:28 PM

Tigra Menu only supports absolute positioning so the origin point is always top left corner of the document (as illustrated).
Tigra Menu PRO supports alignment feature (see Menu Align) so the origin point can be set to the center of the document or to its right edge. The menu will adjust its position as the browser window is resized.
Tigra Menu GOLD supports relative positioning feature (see Positioning) which when enabled blocks menu offset parameters.

nice way to force folks to buy a product. and here I thought you were trying to be helpful and offer freeware that would work like users want. lame... FYI, myself (and a lot of others) will delete this and steer clear of 'softcomplex' software

tigra - 12/12/2007 at 04:26 PM

For many users free version works just fine the way it is.
I promise we'll stop charging for the premium features the moment bills stop coming in.
we employ full time professionals to maintain and supports both free and premium products.
You've just added to the cost of supporting the free software.

cdlphil - 5/22/2008 at 07:21 AM

I need relative positioning and I understand this is available with the GOLD version. Before I purchase it can anybody confirm that is possible to do this within asp panels and within DIV statements as I don't want to use tables on our web pages.

Also is this feature fully supported in IE, firefox, safari & opera?

Ta

tigra - 5/25/2008 at 05:30 PM

Yes, this feature works in all compatible browsers with all kinds of HTML elements.

empkeydotcom - 5/29/2008 at 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrLarkins
Tigra Menu only supports absolute positioning so the origin point is always top left corner of the document (as illustrated).
Tigra Menu PRO supports alignment feature (see Menu Align) so the origin point can be set to the center of the document or to its right edge. The menu will adjust its position as the browser window is resized.
Tigra Menu GOLD supports relative positioning feature (see Positioning) which when enabled blocks menu offset parameters.

nice way to force folks to buy a product. and here I thought you were trying to be helpful and offer freeware that would work like users want. lame... FYI, myself (and a lot of others) will delete this and steer clear of 'softcomplex' software

tigra menu may be placed relatively any where on a webpage. it was tried and fine.

the javascript menu from softcomplex is the best of the world. many thanks to tigra!

jeffj - 6/24/2008 at 08:25 PM

I own a copy of:

// Title: Tigra Menu GOLD
// URL: http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_menu_gold/
// Version: 2.6
// Date: 03-18-2004 (mm-dd-yyyy)

and my menu is not displaying properly under the latest version of Firefoc (3.0 vsn). Am I entitled to an update to fix this problem?

thanks in advance.

Jeff

tigra - 6/27/2008 at 01:48 PM

in FF3 align="..." or style="text-align:..." doesn't work with block elements.
Try wrapping the menu in say <div style="style:inline;float:right;">

wildbi111 - 7/3/2008 at 07:24 PM

I have the same problem and tried what you recommended and it didn't work.

<div style="style:inline;float:right;">
</script>
</div style>

tigra - 7/3/2008 at 09:19 PM

Please submit a support ticket providing your order ID.
We'll send the latest version of the product which doesn't suffer from this issue.

wildbi111 - 7/3/2008 at 11:34 PM

Ok I have my invoice but cannot figure out a way to open a support ticket.

wildbi111 - 7/4/2008 at 01:45 AM

I think I figured it out. I submitted a question under my account.

tigra - 7/4/2008 at 02:26 AM

responded

goldentwig - 1/13/2009 at 08:45 PM

Aghh... I just spent the whole afternoon configuring my menu, only to realize I can't move it into the proper area of my page!!

I'm terrible at relative/absolute positioning... if I do (grudgingly) decide to buy the paid version of this, can anyone tell me which version (Pro, Gold) I would need to fix the menu on my page? I'm not sure I understand the differences. It should go to the left side of the purple-bordered box.

www.twiceasnice4tots.com/volunteers-temp.html

Thanks.

tigra - 1/14/2009 at 03:57 AM

Because of the relative positioning the GOLD version is easier to position. You just put initialization code where you want menu to appear. The same may you normally position text and other elements in the natural flow of the document.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/