Board Logo

Adding script to page / positioning menu
sueh - 9/20/2002 at 11:07 PM

I just spent considerable time creating a menu using the online gererator. I falsely assumed that when I generated the menu, that I would receive a script to add to my page and instructions on how to do it. (This is really a great service, but I am totally lost as how to use it since I know absolutely nothing about JAVA, CSS, DHTML, etc.)
I finally copied the script from the source on the preview page. I know that this is not the correct way to do it, but it was all that I could figure out.
After browsing through these posts, I still do not have any answer that I understand.
What is the correct way to get the script to add to my page?
Also, is there any way (other than purchasing the Pro version) to position the menu so that it will fall below my header? (just before the main body table)

Someone help, please. I am really a novice at this and need detailed directions.

http://www.dreamlandshopping.com/Apparel.shtml

tigra - 9/23/2002 at 11:21 AM

After creating menu configuration you are offered to download files to your local computer. Download and unzip files, make sure they are working fine. copy all menu files (except index.html) to your site's directory. Move all menu related code from index.html to your pages.

You can find further details in Tigra Menu Documentation at:

http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_menu/docs/#construct

I don't quite get your positionig idea, so can't help you with it at this time.

zingbats - 11/10/2002 at 12:48 PM

I think what he means is that you can't position the menu ANYWHERE.

I have seen several posts mentioning that the menu just floats to the top of the page - mine included. I suggest that you create a tutorial, or a system within free version of the builder that lets you define the position or include it in a table.

PLEASE show some respect to your customers. Many of whom have spend a good deal of time using your system, only to find that they can't position it.

Nearly ALL the posts in this forum have this problem.

Alex.

zingbats - 11/10/2002 at 12:49 PM

I think what he means is that you can't position the menu ANYWHERE.

I have seen several posts mentioning that the menu just floats at the top of the page - mine included. I suggest that you create a tutorial, or a system within free version of the builder that lets you define the position or include it in a table.

PLEASE show some respect to your customers. Many of whom have spend a good deal of time using your system, only to find that they can't position it.

Nearly ALL the posts in this forum have this problem.

Alex.

tigra - 11/12/2002 at 09:43 AM

Tigra Menu can be positioned anywhere on the page with absolute coordinates. (vertical and horizontal offset from the left top corner of the document in pixels). Corresponding values are first numbers in block_top and block_left arrays in menu_tpl.js file. Menu initialization block should be placed just before . Inserting it in relatively positioned element (i.e. table cell) will not position the menu but can cause problems with some browsers.

Tigra Menu PRO additionally offers flexible alignment feature. Although menu items still float over the document their position is calculated dynamically so menu blocks keep the correct position even when page is resized. By now we haven't seen any practical site design that Tigra Menu PRO can't be positioned for. Menu initialization block should still be inserted just before unless NS4.x becomes really unstable.

Next step is Tigra Menu GOLD that will be released very soon. Root level of the menu is created just in the document layer allowing support for true relative positioning. Web developer will be able to put menu anywhere in the code without worrying about positioning.

I hope above explains positioning issues.
Sorry if our previous efforts looked like we don't show respect to our customers. We do our best to provide users with the best solutions possible even if we don't benefit from that directly.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/