Board Logo

any handcoders out there?
jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 01:18 AM

I created my first menu (years ago) using the wizard but since then have just amended the code for every new menu. Along the way, the code snippet(s) for a menu title has fallen off and now I need it. Can anyone supply? TIA, Jen

tigra - 10/9/2008 at 02:18 AM

what are "code snippet(s) for a menu title" ?

jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 03:27 AM

Well I'm guessing that the code for a menu title would be included in menu_items.js somewhere. By menu title I mean an item at the top of the menu that isn't a link, that describes the menu. Specifically I wish to add "Members Only" to the top of a menu to indicate that the menu items in this list are for members only.

tigra - 10/9/2008 at 03:43 AM

If it doesn't have to be a link you can add the title (or any else HTML code) outside of the menu.
If you want to rebuild menu then download the latest version from the website (the builder is included in the download).

jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 03:52 AM

I can easily add another item and just delete the other code for it, eg
var MENU2_ITEMS =[
[" Members Only"],
[" Funding", "funding/funding.html", null,
],
[" Conferences", "conferences/conferences.php", null,
],
[" Links", "links/links.html", null,
],
etc

but I don't want any mouseover effects. At the moment it changes colour on mouseover so it looks like a link. I'd also like to be able to colour it differently to make it even clearer taht it's a title, not a link. How can I do this?

tigra - 10/9/2008 at 04:23 AM

In free version the menu displays a link cursor even if there is no link associated with the item.
for different colors see http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/viewthread_5/
but again, you can just display that the way you want in your page, not in the menu.

jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 04:31 AM

I paid for it ... does that make a difference?

tigra - 10/9/2008 at 05:15 AM

If it's GOLD version you have submit a support ticket and we'll send you the latest version where you can modify the look of the cursor.
In free version here's the trick:

I checked the latest free version and it also have the code that modifies the cursor depending on the link:

cursor:', (this.a_config[1] ? 'pointer' : 'default'), '" ',

jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 06:58 AM

It was PRO but it was a few years ago and I don't have the program loaded on my current computer. I have just been handcoding changes to menus for new sites.
I just found an old email with this order number:*******.
Is it possible to download the program again?

In the meantime, where do I put that code in your last post?
Jen

tigra - 10/9/2008 at 03:33 PM

PRO version doesn't currently have the code to change the cursor but there are the ways around that.
Please submit a support ticket and we'll send you the latest version as well as the sample for changing the cursor.

jenpen2 - 10/9/2008 at 10:41 PM

Thanks, will do.

jenpen2 - 10/14/2008 at 05:31 AM

Hi again,
I posted a support ticket, as you suggested, last week.
Before doing so I checked my profile and added another email address as the one listed was defunct. I had to validate the new email address.
But I haven't received any response, not even conformation of my ticket, so maybe it all went to the defunct email address?
Not sure what to do now, can you help?
Thanks, Jen

tigra - 10/14/2008 at 01:58 PM

we've responded to your support ticket. login to your account online if you don't receive the email notifications.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/