Board Logo

Upgrade Tigra Menu to Gold
jimnj72 - 3/31/2008 at 06:57 PM

I started using the free product about 2 years ago. I have the js file references on many pages throughout the site:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='/javascripts/menu_files/menu.css'>
<link rel='stylesheet' href='/stylesheets/pt.css'>

<script type="text/JavaScript" src="javascripts/menu_files/menu.js"></script>
<script type="text/JavaScript" src="/javascripts/menu_files/items.js"></script>
<script type="text/JavaScript" src="/javascripts/menu_files/template.js"></script>

I also have this in the body of each page:

<script type="text/JavaScript">
new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_TPL);
</script>

I have just bought the Gold version. Is their any way to simply drop the new code in my javascript folder and update the items file so I don't have to reapply the menu to every page to get the new functionality?

I notice it said it was an easy upgrade as one of the points in the feature list. I am hoping its easier than changing code in every page on my site.

Thanks,
Jim

tigra - 4/1/2008 at 04:58 AM

The file links are the same, but if you plan to use the relative positioning feature then you'll have to move the menu initialization from the end of the HTML document into the HTML element of your choice. Absolute positioning is still supported in GOLD version so if you're satisfied with the positioning then you don't need to touch anything in your HTML documents.

jimnj72 - 4/1/2008 at 02:02 PM

I took the new "menu_files" folder from a couple of folders in the Tigra Menu Gold folder and tried replacing my "menu_files" folder on the server. When I load the page I get no errors but no menu shows up. I have even tried replacing the items files with my items files to see if my menu would show up but it does not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

tigra - 4/1/2008 at 02:29 PM

please submit a support ticket providing the URL of the page. We'll take a look and let you know where the problem is.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/