Board Logo

Menu drops down under graphics in IE
ilustrious - 8/6/2007 at 03:40 AM

Is there anyway to make the menu appear above the test and graphics in IE. When the menu drops down can not be seen or used. The menu works in firefox but not in internet explorer. The last version of this it was the other way arround. I figure there are more people with IE so is there any way to fix this?

tigra - 8/6/2007 at 04:27 PM

http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/viewthread_10/

ilustrious - 8/6/2007 at 05:29 PM

In menu.js I found the first line below. I replaced it with the second line and the menu goes away. I read all the other posts in this thread before posting this question. I am not sure if it is saying it can not be done or if it can only be done to go over flash content. The menu is going under text and .jpg image files causing it to be unuseable as a menu. It seems to me that if it can go under it can also go above. How can i do that?

1. z-index: '+this.TMT+';"
2. z-index: ' + (this.n_depth + 1000) +

tigra - 8/6/2007 at 07:03 PM

this probably is related to z-indexes. What version of the menu do you use (Free/PRO/GOLD v.?)

ilustrious - 8/6/2007 at 07:13 PM

// Title: Tigra Menu
// Description: Free JavaScript Menu Navigation
// URL: http://www.javascript-menu.com/
// Version: 2.1 (commented source)
// Date: 06/26/2007
// Tech. Support: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/forumdisplay_29/
// Notes: This script is free. Visit official site for further details.

//

tigra - 8/6/2007 at 07:55 PM

yeah, try that

z-index: ' + (this.n_depth + 1000) +

thing

ilustrious - 8/6/2007 at 08:16 PM

Well i am not doing it right? Here is wheere the z-index appears in the menu.js I am not sure what gets deleted or where it ends when inserting the

z-index: ' + (this.n_depth + 1000) +

z-index: '+this.TMT+';" '+'onclick=" ...

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 03:43 AM

with "// Version: 2.1 (commented source)" in the header the script should be formatted, not compressed. Anyway, in this case replace:

z-index: '+this.TMT+

with

z-index: '+(this.TMT + 1000)+

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 05:37 AM

I replaced z-index: '+this.TMT+ with -index: '+(this.TMT + 1000)+ it did not work so i tried z-index: ' + (this.n_depth + 1000) + again and nothing so I downloaded a new copy and found this: z-index: ',this.a,';cursor: I tried both again but ran into the same issue of where does it end. I could not get it to work.

z-index: ',this.a,';cursor:

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 03:12 PM

well, I can only suggest to zip the files required to reproduce the problem and attach them to the support ticket.

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 04:32 PM

Here they are.

[attachment is removed on the request]

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 05:19 PM

The menu initialization is not where it is supposed to be. Free menu should be initialized at the very end of the document just above </body> It looks like you're using some sort home grown relative positioning method. This feature is naturally supported in Tigra Menu GOLD.

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 05:45 PM

Were you able to make it work? If so, why don't you zip it or email it back to me working? And can you please take my zip file off this thread.

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 06:39 PM

nop, I didn't fix the menu. With the solutions like that you can manage to make it work in one browser, but it will break it in another.

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 07:43 PM

By break do you mean not show at all or show under text and image files?
Are you saying that all three versions of this menu show in a bottom layer?
There has got to be a way to make this work ?

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 08:25 PM

By "break" I mean not work as expected. We encourage experimenting with our free scripts, but when you use them not as documented you're on your own. We could probably invest hours in resolving your problem which will negatively affect us immediately and in the long run by:
- saving you the license cost (which is fine, but not at our additional expense)
- undermining the selling point for the commercial script which funds the development of the free one
- creating the precedent for similar requests for non-standard non-documented configurations further stretching our resources

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 08:57 PM

Well if it works that is great. I can build the site using the free script and when the client likes it, I will explain they need to buy a license for the menu to appear above the images. Your menu works great and I would like to use the other features in your higher versions like graphics instead of colors in the menu boxes and transparency. I also like that you maintain this data online and participate in this forum so I will be happy to present and recommend your product. It is very good of you to make such a product available for fee. You marketing technique is working :-}

I just need to know if i can tell these people to use your menu? And if so what version?

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 09:05 PM

Thanks for your feedback. Latest Tigra Menu GOLD will work exactly as you attempted to configure free version - relatively positioned. It is possible to configure Tigra Menu PRO to follow the table (center alignment), but the approach is a little bit different.

ilustrious - 8/7/2007 at 09:42 PM

Ok, It can be positioned as necessary but will it appear above or below an image when it drops down?

tigra - 8/7/2007 at 10:34 PM

yes, the menu will appear over the images. If there's a problem, we'll fix it at no additional cost.

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/