Board Logo

Submenus do not disappear
DX4 - 12/1/2003 at 06:57 PM

I've experienced a problem with the v2.0 product. In Internet Explorer v5.0, the menu will not remove the submenus after they have been displayed. It seems to be a screen refresh issue. A refresh of the page removes the offending submenus.

I was wondering if there was a code fix for this for the standard v2.0 product?

Cheers!
Kris

nik - 12/2/2003 at 08:19 AM

You are the first person complaining about such problem. Please mention URL of your page with menu if it is possible.

DX4 - 12/2/2003 at 07:43 PM

Right at the Tigra Menu page it happens, so I know it's an unmodified version.

This is occuring in IE 5.00.2920.0000

I've checked this browser with the Tigra Menu PRO and GOLD pages, and it does not occur.

Cheers!

nik - 12/3/2003 at 09:04 AM

And what about demos from distribution package? Does this problem happen to them too?

DX4 - 12/3/2003 at 02:53 PM

Yes, it happens in the demo distribution package as well.

I've now also created a screen shot that may be useful or not.

Cheers!

froggy - 1/3/2004 at 10:08 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Using IE 5.00.3700.1000 SP4.

I tried changing the hidedelay in menu.js but no response at all.

This problem does not occur with Opera 7.11

I hope this problem can be resolved quickly, considering the number of IE users there are.

DX4 - 1/3/2004 at 11:03 PM

Well, considering the price of the menu, that's exactly how much support I've paid. In other words, I'm not waiting around with baited breath. *hehe*

If the team can fix it sooner, then GREAT!

froggy - 1/4/2004 at 04:10 AM

I have this feeling that 'breaking' the code for the 'free' version is actually a way to purchase the Gold or Pro or whatever version, unless you go and dig through the code and fix it yourself. ;)

I'll give that a go. If I can't I'll go look for an alternative.

DX4 - 1/4/2004 at 05:58 PM

So far the base Menu product is fantastic, in my opinion. It's more the extended features that you want the Pro or Gold menus for. And it would only make sense that SoftComplex would put more of their developer hours into the products that people will actually pay for. *shrug*

tigra - 1/6/2004 at 07:02 AM

DX4, thank you for your feedback.

Basically we do our best developing and supporting all our products no matter if they are free or not. There are already a lot of outdated, not supported, low quality amateur programmed components available on the net. They didn't satisfy us as developers so we created own.

We don't have a dedicated team of developers assigned to each product so sometimes fixes take time, but priorities for all products are the same.

DX4 - 1/6/2004 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigra
DX4, thank you for your feedback.

Basically we do our best developing and supporting all our products no matter if they are free or not. There are already a lot of outdated, not supported, low quality amateur programmed components available on the net. They didn't satisfy us as developers so we created own.

We don't have a dedicated team of developers assigned to each product so sometimes fixes take time, but priorities for all products are the same.

This is good to know! We'll all be looking forward to the resolution for this, then.

Thanks!

tomalb - 1/15/2004 at 09:38 AM

Any news on this?

It's been a month and a half since reported and over a week since the last "official" reply on the subject.

tigra - 1/29/2004 at 12:02 PM

We do not succeed in reproducing the bug. Tests on IE 5.00.2314.1003, Windows 95 (4.00.950) give negative results out about it.

What platforms (OS) do you have?

DX4 - 1/30/2004 at 11:31 PM

The OS my copy of IE5.0 was on was Windows 2000 Pro. However, I've just tested this again on a Windows XP SP1 machine. I've found a site that I can download the older versions of the browsers and loaded up IE5.0 SP2 onto my XP machine, and all appears to be working properly now.

I'm wondering if there is any change in the OS, or if there were changes in the SP2 for IE5.0. Does the Java installed on a PC change versions?

tomalb - 2/5/2004 at 07:18 AM

I have the problem. My browser is IE 5.00.3700.1000 (SP4).
My OS is Win 2000 5.00.2195 SP 4.

If you want other version numbers, tell me how to find them and I'll let you know :)

Kind regards

Tomas

Softcomplex: http://www.softcomplex.com/
Back to forum: http://www.softcomplex.com/forum/