Elements get disabled on click of a menu item

Tigra Menu Gold is cross browser Javascript Menu navigation component for web sites offering most complete feature set

Elements get disabled on click of a menu item

Postby nwbrd » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 am

Hello All,

I am using both the horizontal and vertical menu in my page. When page is loaded, All the HTML elements - drop-downs, check-boxes, radio-buttons, hyper links, etc.. is working fine as expected.

As soon as I click on any of the vertical menu options, all the HTML elements get disables. I am not able to make any operation. The mouse pointer on hyperlink also turns out to simple arrow pointer.

The work around for the problem listed above is I just mouse over the horizontal menu and everything is working fine again.

Has any one experienced such problem. Any help in this regards will be highly appreciated, Let me know if more information needed on this.

Regards,
NWBRD
nwbrd

Re: Elements get disabled on click of a menu item

Postby tigra » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Please PM me with the URL of the page, I'll check it out.
tigra
Site Admin

Postby nwbrd » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Thanks for your response.

As this is the intranet application, there is no public URL available. However, I have attached a screenshot to make the things more clear.

As I have mentioned earlier, the highlighted HTML elements get disables on click of vertical menu item.

Earlier also it was behaving the same i.e. it disables the element on click of menu item, but the page was get refreshed and load again so the everything was OK, but now we are not refreshing the page and trying to load each page on click of Vertical menu items (Menu1, menu2,...) using JavaScript.

Therefore, to summarize, on click of vertical menu item, elements get disables, which can be enabled only by hovering on the horizontal menu as in the attached image or refreshing the page.

Regards.
Attachments
MenuErr.JPG
MenuErr.JPG (26.8 KiB) Viewed 945 times
nwbrd

Postby tigra » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:06 pm

There is a feature in menu that prevents form elements from showing through the menu. Older browsers suffered from this problem.
See if you have that feature configured in your menu: http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tig ... ruct_forms
tigra
Site Admin

Postby nwbrd » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 am

I have made the below adjustment in menu.js and now it is working fine.

Original,
Code: Select all
if(TM1E.TMI){document.write('<div id="TMAnchor" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;top:0;left:0;visibility:hidden"></div>');

changed to,
Code: Select all
if(TM1E.TMI){document.write('');

Regards.
nwbrd

Return to Tigra Menu Gold