Not working on iPad/Safari

JavaScript Menu - allows unlimited levels and multiple menus per page. Supports custom effects and geometry

Not working on iPad/Safari

Postby ichadwick » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 am

I use the Tigra menu successfully on my sites and they work in IE and other PC-based browsers including Safari on the PC. However, they don't work on the iPad in Safari and other iPad browsers. The menus show but close immediately, no delay. I've tried changing 'hide_delay': 120000, but that doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone suggest a change so that the menus work on the iPad? I like this menu system but need to also be able to have my sites work on iPad.

Many thanks
ichadwick

Re: Not working on iPad/Safari

Postby tigra » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I just re-tested the menu at: http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_menu/ with my iPad and it opens the submenus when the root item is clicked.
Few things to keep in mind:
1. touch interface doesn't send mouseover event so the menu is limited to what it can do
2. if root item has link associated with it then click/touch will redirect the browsers to that link instead of showing the submenu
tigra
Site Admin

Re: Not working on iPad/Safari

Postby ichadwick » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 am

I upgraded my older menu .js files to the most recent files (and changed MENU_POS to MENU_TPL in my HTML) but I still have the same problem. Works fine on a PC browser, but not an iPad (gen 3). Perhaps you could take a look:

http://www.ianchadwick.com/ukuleles

I changed the values for
'hide_delay': 4800,
and
'expd_delay': 600,
in both menu.js and menu_tpl.js
Neither seem to have much effect - none on the iPad that I can see, minimal on the PC.

If I drop the link to the root, how do I direct users back to a root page? It seems redundant to have a root called "reviews" then a submenu item called reviews. I could have separate menus for just the root level pages but that requires six separate menus. Is there a more elegant solution? I have four other directories using this menu system and I really don't want to generate all the separate menus for each directory.

Thanks for your help.
ichadwick

Return to Tigra Menu